1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by JessicaThistle, Jun 10, 2014.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jessica I got answers they say yes!

A copy of the best answer:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JessicaThistle

JessicaThistle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2014
    Oregon
    Thanks Ralph. The two other pullets look similar to the pic on the bottom of the list. Very interesting!!

The kicker has always been this: I have two pullets that look exactly like that pic. One has feathered legs the color of the legs in that pic and the other had orange legs. I am suspecting that the one with the feathered legs may be my Barred EE. Would that make sense? I'm pretty sure that the idea that my new laying EE is a prodigy laying two green eggs per day is false. It has to be another one of those girls!

So excited. I learned something new and have more green eggs in my cartons. Love it!!

I guess I could have posted in the EE club thread myself about this but that would have left the Bar and Grill unattended. You lushes would have drank up all of my liquor! Lol!!

3. Turkeytruff

Turkeytruff Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    What's a topper please? Excuse my ignorance thanks!

4. duluthralphie

A topper is a small "deally bob" that goes over the box of a pickup covering the box. It makes an area about 3 1/2 ft tall that is covered for hauling stuff.

Jessica. I can understand your not wanting these lushes having unfettered access to your booze. I suggest if you just give MM and myself a set of keys so we can protect your booze from those other lushes....

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Some of my chicks will be EE roo x BSL, while others will be EE roo x Dominique. The former, may produce some barred chicks, as their mother was PBR (pea comb, green eggs). The latter will produce black sex link chicks (walnut comb, green eggs). It will be interesting to see how the barred feathering of the original stock expresses in future generations.

6. JessicaThistle

Mar 27, 2014
    Oregon
    That would be a big nada. You two are the ones that most concern me. LOL!

7. duluthralphie

That was the beauty of my plan, I would keep an eye on her and she would keep me on the straight and narrow. ..... It was win win....

Guess what..

I am buying the cream bars!... I pick them up Tuesday!

8. JessicaThistle

Mar 27, 2014
    Oregon
    It wouldn't work. She'd remind you how healthy it is mixed with milk or cranberry juice. Come on now...

Congrats on the cream bars! I kinda like the orange creamsicles myself. Haha!

9. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area

You guys really brighten up my day!!! Do you realize that when I do my surgery, I won't be able to have any libation for weeks. And weeks. I'd better stock up for when I get home from rehab. :p

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  10. JessicaThistle

Mar 27, 2014
    Oregon
    Your libation will most likely be in pill form and no worries, Mountain Mom, Ralph and I will drink enough to keep you covered. Plus there is always a comfy seat at the bar with your name on it. We will keep it dusted off for you. You can visit while we indulge and we'll serve you up a sparkly glass of ice water. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by