First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Jessica I got answers they say yes!

A copy of the best answer:

I am going to ask a question, a friend asked in a different thread...

Are there such a thing as a barred EE?

Is there anyway to get colored blue/green eggs from a barred pullet?

Would they need to have green legs? That I doubt as I have a yellow legged EE rooster.

Thanks

Thanks Ralph. The two other pullets look similar to the pic on the bottom of the list. Very interesting!!

The kicker has always been this: I have two pullets that look exactly like that pic. One has feathered legs the color of the legs in that pic and the other had orange legs. I am suspecting that the one with the feathered legs may be my Barred EE. Would that make sense? I'm pretty sure that the idea that my new laying EE is a prodigy laying two green eggs per day is false. It has to be another one of those girls!

So excited. I learned something new and have more green eggs in my cartons. Love it!!

I guess I could have posted in the EE club thread myself about this but that would have left the Bar and Grill unattended. You lushes would have drank up all of my liquor! Lol!!

A topper is a small "deally bob" that goes over the box of a pickup covering the box. It makes an area about 3 1/2 ft tall that is covered for hauling stuff.

Jessica. I can understand your not wanting these lushes having unfettered access to your booze. I suggest if you just give MM and myself a set of keys so we can protect your booze from those other lushes....

Some of my chicks will be EE roo x BSL, while others will be EE roo x Dominique. The former, may produce some barred chicks, as their mother was PBR (pea comb, green eggs). The latter will produce black sex link chicks (walnut comb, green eggs). It will be interesting to see how the barred feathering of the original stock expresses in future generations.

Jessica. I can understand your not wanting these lushes having unfettered access to your booze. I suggest if you just give MM and myself a set of keys so we can protect your booze from those other lushes....
That would be a big nada. You two are the ones that most concern me. LOL!

That was the beauty of my plan, I would keep an eye on her and she would keep me on the straight and narrow. ..... It was win win....

Guess what..

I am buying the cream bars!... I pick them up Tuesday!
It wouldn't work. She'd remind you how healthy it is mixed with milk or cranberry juice. Come on now...

Congrats on the cream bars! I kinda like the orange creamsicles myself. Haha!

It wouldn't work.  She'd remind you how healthy it is mixed with milk or cranberry juice.  Come on now...

Congrats on the cream bars!  I kinda like the orange creamsicles myself.  Haha!

You guys really brighten up my day!!! Do you realize that when I do my surgery, I won't be able to have any libation for weeks. And weeks. I'd better stock up for when I get home from rehab. :p

Last edited:
You guys really brighten up my day!!! Do you realize that when I do my surgery, I won't be able to have any libation for weeks. And weeks. I'd better stock up for when I get home from rehab.
tongue.png
Your libation will most likely be in pill form and no worries, Mountain Mom, Ralph and I will drink enough to keep you covered. Plus there is always a comfy seat at the bar with your name on it. We will keep it dusted off for you. You can visit while we indulge and we'll serve you up a sparkly glass of ice water.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom