First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

SUPER EASY HOME MADE ONION MAYO

You will need an immersion blender (stick blender), a one quart wide mouth mason jar, eggs, oil, salt, dried minced onion, and lemon juice.

2 large eggs, it is important that they are at room temperature.

2 level tablespoons bottled lemon juice.

1 level teaspoon salt (or more or less to taste).

2 cups oil of your choice, if you use olive oil, make sure it is not virgin!

3 heaping tablespoons dried minced onion.

First, drop your room temperature eggs in the jar, then add lemon juice and salt. Let it rest a minute, the egg whites will start to turn cloudy white. Add oil and minced onion. Put the head of the blender on the bottom of the jar, and turn it on, leaving it at the bottom of the jar for 5-10 seconds, until you see the creamy mayonnaise starting to form. Then pump the blender up and down for 20-30 seconds to blend thoroughly. Refrigerate.

This stuff is to die for, and much cheaper than the store stuff.

how long does it keep in the frig? I know most families eat it right up, but I do not use that much. A store jar lasts a couple of months. I could make half :)

Yeah, go half. Around here, this will last a week.

Substitute red chili flakes for the onion for another tasty variation. Both of these will taste good when you first make it, but the taste will develop further over the first couple days.

I love this stuff on hamburgers, ham sandwiches, or in chicken or ham salad. If you're really feeling adventurous, try a bit of pureed horseradish!

Last edited:
Yeah, go half. Around here, this will last a week.

Substitute red chili flakes for the onion for another tasty variation. Both of these will taste good when you first make it, but the taste will develop further over the first couple days.

I love this stuff on hamburgers, ham sandwiches, or in chicken or ham salad. If you're really feeling adventurous, try a bit of pureed horseradish!
I love creamy horseyradish sauce .. will do thanks

more of the mutts

Back
Top Bottom