First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Not as much snow as forecast but it's come early for us normally January before it gets real bad, the temperature hasn't been above freezing for 3 days now, think it's gona be a long by winter.

The only upside is I'm hunting Pheasants and Ducks twice a week now
1f600.png
so loads of free meat.

Last edited:

Not as much snow as forecast but it's come early for us normally January before it gets real bad, the temperature hasn't been above freezing for 3 days now, think it's gona be a long by winter.

1f600.png
so loads of free meat.
So beautiful to look at...
caf.gif
But I like the warmer climate.

1f600.png
so loads of free meat.

Beautiful. Great buildings too. Nice fences, I am officially jealous now. Below freezing for 3 days in a row, does nothing for me. We call 3 days below freezing a warm spell here.

My pullet with the purple comb had a stroke or heart attack yesterday. She could hardly move and was just lying there. I did not finish her as she seemed comfortable. I decided to just let her slip away. I am sure she will be gone when I go out today. Toads are so hard to raise.

I have been letting them free range ( they are normally in a large pen (200ft by 100ft). I have kept the other birds locked up so I can let them roam. They are so sweet. When we are outside they come "running" to us and hang under our feet. It is too bad meat birds can't be the bellybuttons a lot of other breeds are instead of birds that tug at the heart strings.

1f600.png
so loads of free meat.
that looks amazing. So beautiful and open.

Beautiful. Great buildings too. Nice fences, I am officially jealous now. Below freezing for 3 days in a row, does nothing for me. We call 3 days below freezing a warm spell here.

My pullet with the purple comb had a stroke or heart attack yesterday. She could hardly move and was just lying there. I did not finish her as she seemed comfortable. I decided to just let her slip away. I am sure she will be gone when I go out today. Toads are so hard to raise.

I have been letting them free range ( they are normally in a large pen (200ft by 100ft). I have kept the other birds locked up so I can let them roam. They are so sweet. When we are outside they come "running" to us and hang under our feet. It is too bad meat birds can't be the bellybuttons a lot of other breeds are instead of birds that tug at the heart strings.
so sorry about the toad.. was she 3/4 cx and 1/4 ranger?

Beautiful. Great buildings too. Nice fences, I am officially jealous now.   Below freezing for 3 days in a row, does nothing for me. We call 3 days below freezing a warm spell here.

My pullet with the purple comb had a stroke or heart attack yesterday. She could hardly move and was just lying there. I did not finish her as she seemed comfortable.  I decided to just let her slip away. I am sure she will be gone when I go out today. Toads are so hard to raise.

I have been letting them free range ( they are normally in a large pen (200ft by 100ft). I have kept the other birds locked up so I can let them roam. They are so sweet. When we are outside they come "running" to us and hang under our feet.  It is too bad meat birds can't be the bellybuttons a lot of other breeds are instead of birds that tug at the heart strings.

I agree. Our birds have one more day and I'm dreading it. I've enjoyed watching them graze every afternoon when I get home from work.

Back
Top Bottom