First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

I just got home maybe 10 min ago and put the chicks in their brooder and they're all huddled under the light like this falling asleep. I don't want to lower it anymore cuz it's already close to their heads!

Are they too cold or just warming up from the drive!?

And it looks like the guy that sold them to me gave me two older ones then the day olds. Is this ok? I read not to mix but he didn't tell me!

Thanks

Hi there! I "surprised" the hubs by buying 15 silkie chicks that will be here April 6th-ish. He wasn't thrilled at first but is now building me a coop. So excited!

This is the first time for My Husband and I raising chic's. We have 7 full grown 1 rooster and 6 hens outside already. About 2 weeks ago we purchased 6 baby chic's from Tractor Supply. All is going great with them. I am really worried about when its time to put them outside with the others. Do I have to worry about the grown ones hurting my babies? Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated.

I am a first timer too, so don't know much, but have read that by introducing a group of chicks (as opposed to just one), you are less likely to have problems. They'll have their own friends if the others shun them. Unless you have a naughty hen or rooster, they shouldn't hurt them.

I am a first timer too, so don't know much, but have read that by introducing a group of chicks (as opposed to just one), you are less likely to have problems. They'll have their own friends if the others shun them. Unless you have a naughty hen or rooster, they shouldn't hurt them. 

Thank you! It is very nerve racking. LoL. Don't want anything to happen to these little babies. A lot of love and time spent with these cuties.

Back
Top Bottom