First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

[/IMG][/IMG]

Our girls are 20 weeks old. We socialized with them a lot when they were babies and now they are totally comfortable and actually like to come near us. I thoroughly enjoy sitting outside and watching them.

I have a question. We want to free range our chickens in our front fenced in yard but their coop and run is out back with,a pool and out building in between. How can we train them to go the front yard and then come back to the coop at night? I have been taking them to this area for the past 4 days by hand but it's a bit aggravating and time consuming.

They will come back to their coop at dusk naturally. You won't have to herd them. They instinctually go back to their safe place when it starts to get dark.

So super excited. One of our Bard rock girls laid her first egg. I don't know which one but they all got berries as treats after we found it. She had laid it in the feed bucket because the top had gotten knocked off. Silly girls.

Woo Hoo! Congrats on the egg. Bet there are more to follow soon. Hope they all don't decide the food bucket is the place to put them....

Back
Top Bottom