First Time First Egg! Now Nothing for 3 Days

Looks pretty good, but.....
Grains. We used crumbles their first 10 weeks. Then transitioned to the feed/mash as they call it. Attached is a picture. Hope this helps with explaining what they’re eating.

Attachments

• B6597D19-A9E0-470E-88EC-D04EAD7951B4.jpeg
    B6597D19-A9E0-470E-88EC-D04EAD7951B4.jpeg
    960.2 KB · Views: 3
So excited our Chocolate English Orpington was the first to lay an egg! Then she dropped 2 soft eggs from the roosting bar that same night. A 2nd fresh egg day 3 and another day 5 with another soft egg. No eggs in 3 days. Hmmm?
I’ve been reading all I can about laying eggs. All of our flock will be laying for the first time. Is this just the norm for adjusting to this new phase in their precious lives? Do I need to provide more nourishment? They have organic feed. Oyster shells on the side. We give them treats such green veggies and squash, BSF larvae, squash, melons and blueberries.
Is there something else we should be doing for them?
I'm a first time chicken mama this year, and its definitely been a journey that's for sure. My golden laced wyandotte just started laying last Sunday and she has given me 5 and its her first week. I'm pretty against anything that isnt necessary like extra vitamins if they are doing just fine and I didnt do any medicine after a few attacks before I rebuilt the coop and fort knoxed the run lol. Anyways, one of her eggs was lacking a shell, its extremely common for new layers and its called a naked egg. Make sure you give all your egg shells from breakfast and baking back to the girls its a natural healthy way to keep their calcium exactly where it should be and its free. My girl had three normal eggs and her fourth one was naked, I gave her egg shells the day of the naked egg and she gave me a good egg the very next morning. I also think they nervous lay when their stressed out, put dried herbs in the coop everywhere, even in the nesting boxes. Ivy loves it, she lets me put her in the box and pet her and you can feel her purring. Also if you come across a chicken that has not layed in a few days give her a few drops of olive oil on her beak, she should lap it right up. Im not a know it all by any means but Im a researching fool, and I like to help people.

I'm a first time chicken mama this year, and its definitely been a journey that's for sure. My golden laced wyandotte just started laying last Sunday and she has given me 5 and its her first week. I'm pretty against anything that isnt necessary like extra vitamins if they are doing just fine and I didnt do any medicine after a few attacks before I rebuilt the coop and fort knoxed the run lol. Anyways, one of her eggs was lacking a shell, its extremely common for new layers and its called a naked egg. Make sure you give all your egg shells from breakfast and baking back to the girls its a natural healthy way to keep their calcium exactly where it should be and its free. My girl had three normal eggs and her fourth one was naked, I gave her egg shells the day of the naked egg and she gave me a good egg the very next morning. I also think they nervous lay when their stressed out, put dried herbs in the coop everywhere, even in the nesting boxes. Ivy loves it, she lets me put her in the box and pet her and you can feel her purring. Also if you come across a chicken that has not layed in a few days give her a few drops of olive oil on her beak, she should lap it right up. Im not a know it all by any means but Im a researching fool, and I like to help people.
Thank you so much!!! These girls are our first as well. 💓 I appreciate all the helpful strategies. I will make sure to use them!
🥰

Back
Top Bottom