First Time Hatcher Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Fluffy spam. 2 of 4 hatched so far. I started assisting one yesterday that’s Malpositioned and pipped away from air cell-so far it’s going well but I can tell it’s still absorbing yolk sac so for that one I just wait. The 2 hatched ones are currently asleep next to/on the other egg and I can see a few different pips so hopefully it’ll pop out on its own.
Oh my goodness. They are just precious! I am not allowing myself baby ducks. I have just enough resistance to limit my chicks to a reasonable amount. Ducks are so cute I don’t think I could resist and I would have 5000 little ducks quacking around my house, would have to quit my job so I didn’t have to leave them, and would end up divorced…”honey, it’s me or the ducks..” 😂

The last one looks a bit small, but it could just be the angle. Otherwise, they look okay to me.

Fluffy spam. 2 of 4 hatched so far. I started assisting one yesterday that’s Malpositioned and pipped away from air cell-so far it’s going well but I can tell it’s still absorbing yolk sac so for that one I just wait. The 2 hatched ones are currently asleep next to/on the other egg and I can see a few different pips so hopefully it’ll pop out on its own.
Congrats! They're adorable 🥰 Hopefully the other ones make it out soon.

Oh my goodness. They are just precious! I am not allowing myself baby ducks. I have just enough resistance to limit my chicks to a reasonable amount. Ducks are so cute I don’t think I could resist and I would have 5000 little ducks quacking around my house, would have to quit my job so I didn’t have to leave them, and would end up divorced…”honey, it’s me or the ducks..” 😂
My husband is teasing me about my “6 month fix.” I promised him after the puppy in August that we wouldn’t have more animals in 6 months…well here we are 🤣so it didn’t take my “we are not getting animals 6 months from now” very seriously. Oops. But honestly I don’t plan for it every 6 months, guess the itch just takes over 🤪

The last one looks a bit small, but it could just be the angle. Otherwise, they look okay to me.

Thanks.

I haven't tried to adjust anything because I know that I'm too inexperienced to know what I'm doing and that fussing over things is more likely to screw them up than fix them. :D

My husband is teasing me about my “6 month fix.” I promised him after the puppy in August that we wouldn’t have more animals in 6 months…well here we are 🤣so it didn’t take my “we are not getting animals 6 months from now” very seriously. Oops. But honestly I don’t plan for it every 6 months, guess the itch just takes over 🤪
You kept your promise! Aug-Feb is 6 months…it’s month 7! 😂

Well I didn’t have the restraint @3KillerBs has (and it is dark/stormy today). I think I have another one quitting on us. The veins are disappearing on part of it. There was still movement but I think it’s giving up. The eggs didn’t feel hot today either so I think I need to check the temp. Today is day 15(16?) I’m not 💯 sure how to count since I set them in the evening before bed. If this one quits we will be down to 3 out of the original 6 I set. These are duck eggs so we’re just over the halfway point. I’m not feeling optimistic for any to hatch though 🙈
I don’t know how, but that egg ended to not being a quitter and this little one popped out of it about an hour ago. Or does have a huge bald spot on the back of its head though

Attachments

• A8CBCC14-E0B7-4BC2-9A9E-63E40D01CDD7.jpeg
    A8CBCC14-E0B7-4BC2-9A9E-63E40D01CDD7.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom