First time Hatcher having some troubles

Your babies will be fine in the incubator for that time frame.

They can go up to 3 days just off nutrients from the yolk sac.

Sorry to jump into this thread but it is day 5 and I want to be certain my eggs look right. I am getting really nervous after reading posts about malpositions, air sacs,etc.

Question for someone who knows more about incubating then I do!

My babies are due to hatch anytime between now and Tuesday. My question is if my babies hatch while I'm at work, will they be ok until I get home to put them in the brooder? I work 7-12 hrs a day and I have plans on making tomorrow a short day but I'm worried that they might have troubles in the incubator and die while I'm at work.

Please help.
Well, all you can do is hope for the best since you won't be there to intervene if necessary.
Usually they do fine without us there to monitor...bummer to miss watching your first hatch tho.
A lot of full time workers time the setting of their eggs so they mostly hatch on the weekend.

Sorry to jump into this thread but it is day 5 and I want to be certain my eggs look right. I am getting really nervous after reading posts about malpositions, air sacs,etc.
Welcome to BYC @mikka ...it's really best to start a new thread to help you thru your hatch.

Well, all you can do is hope for the best since you won't be there to intervene if necessary.
Usually they do fine without us there to monitor...bummer to miss watching your first hatch tho.
A lot of full time workers time the setting of their eggs so they mostly hatch on the weekend.

I tried to do that but then life got in the way. We have 2 supervisors walk out of work this week so we're all picking up shifts to make sure we have someone on duty so my weekend got totally messed up. I'm not very happy about it but it rolls me in into OT and OT means more chickens. LOL

I think i had one trying to pip this morning but I'm not 100% sure. I set up the camera so if they do hatch, I can at least watch which one comes from what shell.

Back
Top Bottom