First time hatchers hatch A-long!

Pics
I thin koru right thought. I candled before putting them in the bator, an couldn't even see the air cell. I knew that was odd, but thought maybe it was just my light or something. What are the chances any will hatch if the cell is ruptured?
Air cells get larger with age so if they were pretty fresh there may not have been much of one to see when you first set them.

Air cells get larger with age so if they were pretty fresh there may not have been much of one to see when you first set them.
True, but the ones in Shaws pictures are still much more vibrate then mine. I feel like I should have been able to see something. Hmm, I guess I'll just see how the hatch goes. 😕

True, but the ones in Shaws pictures are still much more vibrate then mine. I feel like I should have been able to see something. Hmm, I guess I'll just see how the hatch goes. 😕
You may have just not known what you were looking for.
Like they said a really fresh egg would just have a tiny little circle..
but then again since your eggs were shipped they should have at least been a few days old.

You may have just not known what you were looking for.
Like they said a really fresh egg would just have a tiny little circle..
but then again since your eggs were shipped they should have at least been a few days old.
True. I'll just keep an eye on the cells I guess. Once things start to hatch, just make sure I'm there to help.

True. I'll just keep an eye on the cells I guess. Once things start to hatch, just make sure I'm there to help.
Weeg.. according to the great Google gods there is hope for a ruptured air cell egg. 🤣
Screenshot_20210406-170139.png

Weeg.. according to the great Google gods there is hope for a ruptured air cell egg. 🤣
View attachment 2602615
Thank you! I'll do research on assisting hatches in the article section, so I'm prepared if I have to do that. I contacted the seller I got them from, (of course, I don't blame her. I know the risks of incubating shipped eggs and its totally not her fault) and told her what happened. Then she can try to pack them more securely if she wants, though that probably wont help much with carless postal service.
Thanks everyone! We have a favorite egg, its a speckled egg, who we have been calling Speckles lol! I really hope he makes it. He has very prominent veins, and you can see his eye clearly. All the eggs but one seem to have lots of strong veins, so I'm hoping they will make it. :fl

Alright, I candled this morning and traced the air cells. I tossed one egg because it wasn't showing anything close to as much life as the others, its was infertile. Otherwise, I saw LOTS of really strong veins, they are all doing really good in there! The air cells are worse in some than others, one egg actually had a pretty normal cell, that one at least wasn't ruptured.
How are the rest of your hatches going? I hope well! Incubating is so exciting, thanks for your help!

Everything is going good here! We are supposed to get some rain tonight for the first time since I set the eggs so I’m hoping that will make it easier to keep the humidity up. I’m on day 8 and I candled yesterday I’m having to resist the urge to candle them again before the 12th.

Everything is going good here! We are supposed to get some rain tonight for the first time since I set the eggs so I’m hoping that will make it easier to keep the humidity up. I’m on day 8 and I candled yesterday I’m having to resist the urge to candle them again before the 12th.
Its so hard not to candle! All of my eggs but one that ended up being infertile, despite damaged air cells are login really well! Lots of strong veins, its so cool to watch them grow! After tracing my air cells, I don't think there as bad as I thought.
I candle daily, MGG says its fine to candle daily, so you can if you want. :thumbsup Incubating is so fun!

Back
Top Bottom