First time hatchers hatch A-long!

I'm definitely a hatcher newbie! Just put my very first 22 eggs in the Nurture Right 360 yesterday. I am needing to replinish my laying hens and none were going broody so I am taking it into my own hands this year. It ought to be interesting because my roo is the below unique easter egger but my girls are columbian wyandottes, silver laced wyandottes, barnevelders, more easter eggers, and buff brahma bantams. So what that roo will produce will be quite interesting lol hatch date is April 13th.
That will be a very interesting mix! How cool! I know nothing abbot genetics, so when I get to do random crosses like that I'm so excited, since I have 0 idea or knowledge as to what will come out, lol! How fun!
Keep us posted, I will post my candling pics soon! This will be a fun thread!

Last edited:
I think it's good so far. I candled yesterday (4 days in) and my eggs are dark so couldn't see too much but I did see blobs so I am thinking that's a good sign lol I'll candle again in a few more days.
Post pics if you get anything exciting! First incubation is so fun! Hopefully its good news!

Candled a few more again tonight and now I can clearly see veins and the eye! I took a vid but it's not wanting to upload for some reason and the pics don't do it justice. But I'm soooo excited! 17 days to go!
To upload a video, you have to post it on Youtube or another video carrier, and post the link here.
Its very confusing at first. :D

Back
Top Bottom