First time hatchers hatch A-long!

I have 3 maran, 5 olive egger and 4 Easter eggers! One of the EE is the pip. I also have 6- 2 week olds in a brooder in my Dining room šŸ˜‚
Oh all the colorful egg layers, I love that! I have 22 in mine and they will be quite the mix, my roo is a grey and gold EE then I have silver laced wyandottes, columbian Wyandottes, Barnevelders, buff brahma bantams, and a white EE, so who knows what these chicks will look like lol

Iā€™m on day 20 with two pips and a small crack
I thought the crack was a pip on the pointy end so I opened the incubator to prop it up because it was upside down but it wasnā€™t a pip :(
The incubator water is running low but one of the chicks looks like itā€™s gonna hatch soon so I donā€™t wanna open the bator to fill it
I started out with seven eggs, two never developed and I dropped another. I have 4 that made it to lockdown
Welcome! I really hope your 4 babies make it! Crossing my fingers for you!

Hello! I hope it's ok to share these two with you? I'm a total newbie.
IMG_20210413_080341_845.jpg

They are the very first chicks I have hatched via an incubator! The yellow first and the grey one 2nd. Unfortunately I've no idea what they are, we have a slightly mixed flock of mongrels and random breeds and an orpington cross roo! Still, they are cute and I'm so proud!
Of the 14 eggs that made it to lockdown, 5 are left to hatch- one is in progress so I'm keeping everything crossed.

Back
Top Bottom