First time hatchers hatch A-long!

Pics
I did the grab and plop and got 16 moved into the barn and into the brooder, the 17th hatched and is still chillin in the incubator, it should be the last as the 18th egg doesn't even have a pip or showing any signs of life, I'll still leave it in there another day or so just to be safe but I'm so happy with the outcome! Here are some pics, the little one really has my heart soaring because it was the only egg I collected from my Buff Brahma Bantam and even mixed with my easter egger roo it has feathery feet! I can't wait to see how it looks in a few more weeks! ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_20210414_143241_466.jpg
    IMG_20210414_143241_466.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210414_202317_606.jpg
    IMG_20210414_202317_606.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210414_202317_667.jpg
    IMG_20210414_202317_667.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 5
5 days to go. I’m worried again because my humidity was too high for most of my incubation period so the air cells are too small. I lowered the humidity 2 days ago but there’s only so much 4 days can do and I’m worried they will drown.
My air cells looked small until day 18 and I did my final candling so hopefully yours are fine too!

The last pipper died while I went out for an hour and I candled the last and it had a huge air cell on the side. It was a maran egg so I had, had trouble candling it to start. I started with 6 maran eggs and only 1 hatched. I started with 7 Easter egger,7 olive egger abd the 6 maran . So I’m pretty sad about that. :(
I thiiiink ( without counting floofs) I have 4 of the easters. 5 olives and one maran.

I did the grab and plop and got 16 moved into the barn and into the brooder, the 17th hatched and is still chillin in the incubator, it should be the last as the 18th egg doesn't even have a pip or showing any signs of life, I'll still leave it in there another day or so just to be safe but I'm so happy with the outcome! Here are some pics, the little one really has my heart soaring because it was the only egg I collected from my Buff Brahma Bantam and even mixed with my easter egger roo it has feathery feet! I can't wait to see how it looks in a few more weeks! ❤️
OMG SO FLUFFY SO MANY BABIES I AM DYING OF CUTENESS :love:wee:celebrate:clap:jumpy

My air cells looked small until day 18 and I did my final candling so hopefully yours are fine too!
Yea same, mine were the same size as the day 14 ones on a chart on day 17. On day 18, they all suddenly grew very big. They hatched by themselves, cleanly, no assistance needed. @Artichoke Lover yours will probably be fine. I got concerned on day 16 and just lowered the humidity until hatch. Good luck! :fl

The last pipper died while I went out for an hour and I candled the last and it had a huge air cell on the side. It was a maran egg so I had, had trouble candling it to start. I started with 6 maran eggs and only 1 hatched. I started with 7 Easter egger,7 olive egger abd the 6 maran . So I’m pretty sad about that. :(
I thiiiink ( without counting floofs) I have 4 of the easters. 5 olives and one maran.
I am so sorry! I'd be sad about it too

Back
Top Bottom