First time hatchers hatch A-long!

Edit, saw your other post. Sorry about the other eggs :hugs
Its alright, at least I have one. Thank you.
My biggest question now is what killed them? Did they just quit? Was it something I did? I have more eggs coming probably in the fall, so I want to clean up my act so I can get a better hatch rate.

Hey guys!
I'm incubating again. Anyone else still incubating out there? Early bird died the other night, I have no idea why, but I'm so, so bummed. None of the EE or Dark Brahama bantam eggs made it to lockdown, so now all I have left the the TSC chicks I got for Early bird.
Thats no fun, so I'm picking up half a dozen Calico Cochin bantam eggs on Thursday or Friday. I'm very excited, I'm purchasing eggs through a local breeder this time, and would have done that original had I seen his Craigslist add.
I also sold my LG incubator, thinking that may partially contribute to the death of all the eggs, and am using a NR360 this time! Yay!
I'm really crossing my fingers for this hatch, I'm re-calibraitng all my extra thermometers, though the NR360 i'm using is from a friend until I can get my hands on my own. She never used an extra calibrated thermometer in hers and still got good hatch rates, so I'm less concerned. I'll keep you posted on how the hatch goes!

Hey guys!
I'm incubating again. Anyone else still incubating out there? Early bird died the other night, I have no idea why, but I'm so, so bummed. None of the EE or Dark Brahama bantam eggs made it to lockdown, so now all I have left the the TSC chicks I got for Early bird.
Thats no fun, so I'm picking up half a dozen Calico Cochin bantam eggs on Thursday or Friday. I'm very excited, I'm purchasing eggs through a local breeder this time, and would have done that original had I seen his Craigslist add.
I also sold my LG incubator, thinking that may partially contribute to the death of all the eggs, and am using a NR360 this time! Yay!
I'm really crossing my fingers for this hatch, I'm re-calibraitng all my extra thermometers, though the NR360 i'm using is from a friend until I can get my hands on my own. She never used an extra calibrated thermometer in hers and still got good hatch rates, so I'm less concerned. I'll keep you posted on how the hatch goes!
Sorry about Early bird. Good luck on your hatch!

Hey guys!
Hello! I’m new to the hatch along, but we have about 30 or so eggs set to hatch this weekend!

Hi there! I’m going to tag along here too :) First time incubating and our 17 eggs (from originally 24) are also due to hatch this weekend - we’re on day 20 today. One egg is already wiggling, and one has a little spot that looks like a pip. :fl

Back
Top Bottom