First time hatchers hatch A-long!

Hi there! I’m going to tag along here too :) First time incubating and our 17 eggs (from originally 24) are also due to hatch this weekend - we’re on day 20 today. One egg is already wiggling, and one has a little spot that looks like a pip. :fl
That is so exciting! I hope they hatch alright! Congratulations on making it to hatch with so many of your eggs! :celebrate
Keep us updated!

I'm on day 17 of my hatch and about to go in to lock down tomorrow after I candle. What do I look for in this candling session to know if I've got quitters?
Quitters will have no veins, no intentional movement, possibly blood rings, the edges of the egg can shine yellow instead of red depending on how long ago it died, and the contents of the egg will slosh around when you turn it.

Quitters will have no veins, no intentional movement, possibly blood rings, the edges of the egg can shine yellow instead of red depending on how long ago it died, and the contents of the egg will slosh around when you turn it.
Thank you! I'll be looking for those tomorrow before I remove the turner. Wish me luck

I know it’s too early to panic. It’s 7 hours after day 21 for my chicken eggs. One has pipped (yay) and one other was wiggling. My humidity is set to 67 (Brinsea Octagon), and I wonder if I should up it a little bit? When I started lockdown at the end of day 19, humidity stayed at 55 for almost a whole day, because the tube of the humidity pump was hanging outside of the water :-( Did this delay everything? Is too much humidity bad? Thanks!

Attachments

• 6B04A7E8-3E61-42D3-AC6B-55915A399093.jpeg
    6B04A7E8-3E61-42D3-AC6B-55915A399093.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 4
I know it’s too early to panic. It’s 7 hours after day 21 for my chicken eggs. One has pipped (yay) and one other was wiggling. My humidity is set to 67 (Brinsea Octagon), and I wonder if I should up it a little bit? When I started lockdown at the end of day 19, humidity stayed at 55 for almost a whole day, because the tube of the humidity pump was hanging outside of the water :-( Did this delay everything? Is too much humidity bad? Thanks!
The humidity right now is ok, and if they didn’t pip when the humidity was lower they should be ok

Its great they're wiggling! Congrats! You can up it if you want, my humidity rode between 70 and 76% most of hatching.
Usually, they pip, take a nap move into sipping position, take a nap, and then work themselves out. Hopefully they wake up and finish hatching soon!

Oh my goodness, this little guy just hatched!! Same egg from my other pic :wee We were out in the morning and nothing had happened and suddenly it went so quick! Now he’s chirping like crazy, rumbling around and bumping into the other eggs. I hope he’ll get a friend soon!

Attachments

• 7380FEFE-178C-4903-907B-849F43B657F6.jpeg
    7380FEFE-178C-4903-907B-849F43B657F6.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 8DB57FDC-F210-4BCD-80AE-03061DEC4EC9.jpeg
    8DB57FDC-F210-4BCD-80AE-03061DEC4EC9.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 3
  • EA356754-BFDC-40B1-A833-2EDE43867082.jpeg
    EA356754-BFDC-40B1-A833-2EDE43867082.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 3
Oh my goodness, this little guy just hatched!! Same egg from my other pic :wee We were out in the morning and nothing had happened and suddenly it went so quick! Now he’s chirping like crazy, rumbling around and bumping into the other eggs. I hope he’ll get a friend soon!
Oh my goodness! That is so incredibly exciting! Congratulations! :celebrate :clap

Back
Top Bottom