First time hatching Buttons.....

chickenlady81

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
Weare, NH
I am hatching Button Quail for the first time and they are hatching out today
wee.gif
I have two with Pips in them! My humidity is at 64%...Im soooo exicted to see how small they are!

Good luck.

I'm hatching Texas A&M Whites and they are brown, don't know what he gave me in the extra's have a feeling they are buttons. 3 out of 110 are out now. my humidity is at 70. Had to put a small sponge in there to get it that high though. I hope he didn't give me all browns.

Any Piping yet? Any Zipping?

Quote:
How can you tell if they are zipping. I see a hole in two with thier little beeks poking around..lol

"zipping" is when they start making a crack around the egg. It will be a circle around the so they can pop the top off!

Quote:
How can you tell if they are zipping. I see a hole in two with thier little beeks poking around..lol

"zipping" is when they start making a crack around the egg. It will be a circle around the so they can pop the top off!

Nope none of that yet, Im trying to stay and away from the bator cause i twist my neck the wrong way to see whats going on..lol Talk about a pain in the neck! LOL

OK, it may be they are getting ready to break out. All of a sudden on mine, the top pops up out it tumbles and the top comes down. One shell top stayed up. Hope they don't knock it off, I want to make a xmas ornament from it.

My first two are pretty well dry now, I think they may be Tibetan's, have the light coloring along and behind the eye. But they are all supposed to be A&M's

We're going to have a long night, aren't we.

Quote:
Im hoping when I go check on them it will be out..lol Mine are Chinese Blue Breasted Button Quail ...Very pretty :) Congrats on your hatching...do these guys learn to eat well?

This is my first time with quail, also. I have read on here that they don't always eat the first day.

But being so small they need to go into the brooder at 12-24 hours. Spread food on paper towels and they'll peck at it. I plan to beak one or two in the water then let them be. Mine are trying to peck just out of the egg, so I know they won't have a problem.

If I'd have known they were so darn't cute I'd of had them years ago. Maybe before the chickens, definately before the ducks.

So, how many are you waiting on to hatch?

Back
Top Bottom