First time hatching duck eggs

What a marathon. Give that hen the 5 star treatment after this is all over! She is impressive.

You've done so well too. What a fabulous result!!!!
big_smile.png

Oh yes she will be getting the "spa" treatment... She has 1 egg left and I went out to check on it this morning and she wasnt on the nest and could tell she hasnt been on it for awhile so I brought it in and it was barley moving in the shell.. It had piped the shell so I have wrapped it up and keep it against my body and it has started to peep again and move around... I think she has finally had enough and since I dont have a incubator I am going to be the incubator and see what happens... Everywhere I go, the baby will go... We have running around to do and my husband said watch him hatch when we are out..lol I will keep you posted..

Now my dilemma is what to do with all the babies.. My plans were to keep 2 and sell the rest but I have had no calls on the rest. I can't put them outside yet and have like a 3x5 area inside to keep them.. How will they fit in that area and how to build something for them to be in..lol I thought it would be easy to re-home them but now I see otherwise.. ANy ideas?

89080_iphone1_238.jpg

ignore the rescue mite infested cohcin in my hands... i brood my ducks in the silver thing in the background, it was eazy to clean and kept them in i have a longer one for chickens (since i rear like 39 chickens this year in the house.)

lets try this again my computer is picking random pictures i dont
and one more time

here is a picture of my last hatchlings of the year (spring)
89080_iphone1_293.jpg

hahaha i just noticed my BO brownie is kissing my rooster PBJ in this picture aww

Last edited:
Quote:
Nice pic. and I like those as brooders they come in diff sizes and height too which makes them nice. The ones they had at our closest TSC in the spring were about 2'tall and about 4' long I really like them. you'd have to put a screen of some kind over the top to keep the ducklings in after a while.

So that one was hatched and is now wrapped in a blanket and still alive.. Its belly button is bleeding but looke like it stopped.. He is still in a ball like he was in the egg... If he dont make it my husband will be so upset because he has been the one "incubating" him in his hoody pocket.. I will try to get a pic of what the baby looks like now..

Back
Top Bottom