First time hatching duck eggs

Quote:
Tammy they are georgeous!! I love them all
love.gif

Figured I would show Mom and Dad duck and a new pic of babies.. First time out side and we have 3 internal piped of the remaining 6..

108923_ducks_029.jpg

108923_ducks_008.jpg

Thank you all... When do you think I can put them in the pool for the first time?

Quote:
I wouldn't put them in the pool yet because they can get chilled real easy. If you want them to play in some water, put them in the bath tub with warm water and just high enough that they can stand in it. After they have played and bathed make sure to dry as best you can and then put them back under the heat lamp to contiue to dry and get warm.

Paper towels are good for drying ducklings after a swim. Each day you give them a swim in the bath you can put a bit more water in till they are actually swimming. I put in a heavy bread board sitting on a bowl so the top is just above water level - this gives them something to jump onto to get out of the water if they want to. If you put finely chopped up grass in the water they'll enjoy dabbling for that.

your little ducklings are adorable, remind me alot of my little ancona ducks when they were just babies, good luck with them and enjoy the duckling stage.

just thought I would update.. We still have 8 very healthy ducklings.. 3 of the remaining 6 have externally piped and the other 3 are very close... I will update when they re hatched and will post more pics..

Back
Top Bottom