first time hatching indian runner ducks (and ducks in general)

@IceHax I look forward to your little Runners I have 3 Runner ducklings in my brooder right now 5 outside and 3 to hatch any time now[ my incubator is a Salmon Faverolles Hen]
I am so excited about it heheh, the eggs just arrived, I'll put them in the incubator tomorrow. My incubator is a Borotto Lumia 8 :) what humidity and temperature settings do you use for yours? I was planning on doing 45%/99.8F in incubation and 60%/99.8F in lockdown, it has worked good for both geese and quails but I'd love to hear what others use as well :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190514_145640_3.jpg
    IMG_20190514_145640_3.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3
For me dry hatching works best on shipped eggs. So I usually keep my humidity down between 20-30%. Because lately my humidity around outside the incubator has been between 50-70%. Has been challenging to get air cells small enough. But your temp should be fine. Humidity really is effected by where you live so what works for me might not work for you. I would try what has worked with your prior eggs candle at day 7 then adjust if needed.

Because it worked with geese eggs it should be very similar with your duck eggs.

Can’t wait to see!

Yay hope all the eggs hatch for you! I am no expert on incubators I let my chickens and ducks do the hatching for me. But @Texas Kiki is experienced with all of this hopefully she’ll be on soon. Do you know what colors these Runners are?
Yes i do :) It Is called kaki coloration, here's a pic of the ducks that produced the eggs:
10470079444_d73d5488ed_n.jpg

For me dry hatching works best on shipped eggs. So I usually keep my humidity down between 20-30%. Because lately my humidity around outside the incubator has been between 50-70%. Has been challenging to get air cells small enough. But your temp should be fine. Humidity really is effected by where you live so what works for me might not work for you. I would try what has worked with your prior eggs candle at day 7 then adjust if needed.

Because it worked with geese eggs it should be very similar with your duck eggs.

Can’t wait to see!
Wow, I have very similar conditions around here, it has always been between 50-70%, but I never had problems with air cells :), not that I have ever really weighed them, I just look at the air cell's size and guess. What humidity do you use during lockdown? Also, do you most the eggs? :) Thanks for replying!

Back
Top Bottom