First Time Hatching My Own Eggs!!

Congrats on your babies! Some more pics, please! Quick tip- I have the Kebonnixs incubator like you. To get the humidity up for next time, you can actually open the incubator all the way up before lockdown and add the water to the top fully. Then I make sure the outside pot is always SUPER full and it works for me! It doesn’t go higher than 65% though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 1
Congrats on your babies! Some more pics, please! Quick tip- I have the Kebonnixs incubator like you. To get the humidity up for next time, you can actually open the incubator all the way up before lockdown and add the water to the top fully. Then I make sure the outside pot is always SUPER full and it works for me! It doesn’t go higher than 65% though.

That's a great idea thank you!!

How many eggs did you start with?? I just incubated 8 for my first time & so far 1 hatched (day 20) & 1 working verrrryyyyy slowly to break loose (day 21) & no sign on the others

I incubated 8 quail, but I had a fertility problem so none hatched. It was the sellers issue. Right now, I’m trying to hatch 17 quail, and 11 seem to be developing so far.

How many eggs did you start with?? I just incubated 8 for my first time & so far 1 hatched (day 20) & 1 working verrrryyyyy slowly to break loose (day 21) & no sign on the others
I originally started with 10 eggs and only 5 made it to hatch. I think the other 5 weren't fertile, my pullets had only been laying for a month or so when I started collecting eggs to hatch. My 2nd hatch was much more successful! I had 12 total and 8 developed. Only 6 made it to hatch, but they were all healthy. Working on my 3rd batch, but I am letting my broody girls hatch some out and they've had an almost 100% success rate so far

That is so exciting!!! I have successfully hatched 3 ducklings using a heat lamp in the past and it was one of the most exciting things!

Back
Top Bottom