First time hatching

So my eggs are in the incubator, 19 total. Now what do i do? Its like these chickens will never hatch. Lol just kidding. Temps climbing and everything looks good so far.

So my eggs are in the incubator, 19 total. Now what do i do? Its like these chickens will never hatch. Lol just kidding. Temps climbing and everything looks good so far.

Wait, watch, wait some more, watch some more.... :D

Read up on anything that you might not already know about raising chicks. And be sure to keep us posted on the progress.

So what breeds do you currently have, (parents of these babies, right?) And what breeds might you want in the future?

Last edited:
Most of my eggs are from My Plymouth Rocks. Some from my red sex links. I finally figured out that my rooster is a white rock mix.

I have 2 new silver laced wyandotte and 3 black colored mixes that are about 6 weeks old.

I like the plymouth rocks, Good temperament. Im thinking about some buff orpingtons as well

Sounds like a pretty flock!

I have some red sex links. Golden comets. Their eggs were super tough to candle and didn't lose moisture as fast as everything else! I tried hatching them twice, but usually had more valuable breeds in with them, and never got one to hatch. One did go broody last summer though, and did a better job than me..:D

Back
Top Bottom