first time i saw my egg pip!

Ok, so how do I break their shell without giving them concussion if they are living in there? And if they are alive once they are visible do I remove all the shell or just a little then let it finish the rest itself?

Sorry for all questions this is new to me. My dragons never needed assistance :/

Ok well I like questions so everything is fine have you put the eggs up to your ear? that's when you can hear them easily if you can't hear anything doesn't matter I use tweezers and only break the shell not the membrane which is the second layer of the eggs make a fairly reasonable sized hole and if they are alive put them back in the incubator if the are struggling to hatch after your help so around a day later and they still haven't hatch help them fully hatch by taking off all the egg

Chickaroo, thank you, I helped a chick at 4 am this morning as it had cracked the shell the previous morning and was chirping inside with beak out of the hole but wasn't pushing itself fully out of the egg. I removed it's shell leaving as much membrane as was possible then put it back into incubator til 9am befor adding it to the brooder, I've noticed though it's eating and drinking fine and is all fluffy now but it has a crooked neck. I'll take a photo to show you in a minute. But the difference from cracking that one was it had done most of the work itself already. These one in the incubator currently haven't done a thing. I think I could feel movement in the orp eggs (those that moved from one side to other in bowl) but the rir just felt heavy.

Do u need to wait for chirp (like waiting for newborn baby to take first breath and cry). If I crack it and it's internally pipped?
Or if it's not internally pipped would you suggest I pip for it?

Well it always helps when you pip for them it seems to give them strength, I guess your chick has just formed in a strange poision as long as it can stand it will be fine.

Chickaroo, this was one that is 25 days no movement but still has yoak and looks formed. Would the chick be moving around if it was alive inside yoak sack or is this little one a result of late stage death?

Hmm if it's not moving around I would say it's dead but it may be a late forming one maybe you should put it back in bator for a day and see what happens

Last edited:
I put it back in yesterday and there was nothing happening at all. ( the incubator is in my front room so is in full vision continuously) there is 3 eggs left I've tapped them but no chirping or noise inside and no rocking hope they are alive though ! But we shall see tomo

Yes you shall see tomo I hope you get some if so send pics if you get undevelopeds send pics as well

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

Ok this was the findings, one never developed, and two were malpositioned the heads were in the small part of the egg, furthest away from the air sac.

Back
Top Bottom