First time in lockdown

I'm seeing good movement from egg #2 now. It bobs to one side pretty good. I assume that's the side its trying to pip on? Must be, cause its the side that I can't see very well lol!
Good luck! I'm on day 7 of my first hatch
1f600.png

Good luck to you too!

Still nothing new here :(
I have gotten the humidity up a little by putting pans of water on the wood stove and kitchen stove. Its hanging around 63 now. Still not great, but better.

New question... A couple of my eggs look "pourous" on the big end. I mean, they are kinda opaque speckled looking, almost wet looking, if that describes it. Like you dabbed it with a wet sponge, although I know it isn't really water wet. Tried to get a pic, but it doesn't come out well. Does this sound normal or bad?

New question... A couple of my eggs look "pourous" on the big end. I mean, they are kinda opaque speckled looking, almost wet looking, if that describes it. Like you dabbed it with a wet sponge, although I know it isn't really water wet. Tried to get a pic, but it doesn't come out well. Does this sound normal or bad?
All eggs are porous, some more than others (brown usually more) that is normal. Sometimes there can be uneven coloration like you've described. That could be from insufficient calcium just make sure your girls have layer feed (and free choice oyster shell offered separate) as their main source of food. Scratch and treats should not equal more than 10% of their diet.

T
All eggs are porous, some more than others (brown usually more) that is normal. Sometimes there can be uneven coloration like you've described. That could be from insufficient calcium just make sure your girls have layer feed (and free choice oyster shell offered separate) as their main source of food. Scratch and treats should not equal more than 10% of their diet.

Thank you! The mothers aren't mine, I got the eggs from a friend, so I don't really know, but insufficient calcium wouldn't surprise me. They are EEs, one is pale blueish and one is pinkish brown. These didn't appear this way until today, so I wondered if it might mean something. Will definitely consider this with my girls... Once I have some lol

T
Thank you! The mothers aren't mine, I got the eggs from a friend, so I don't really know, but insufficient calcium wouldn't surprise me. They are EEs, one is pale blueish and one is pinkish brown. These didn't appear this way until today, so I wondered if it might mean something. Will definitely consider this with my girls... Once I have some lol
Could it be you are just seeing the different shades of the air cell and the rest of the egg? The air cell may look porous while the rest is darker. Maybe you can get a pic up :) that will help.

Back
Top Bottom