First time incubating Cortunix Quails

NikkisNaturals

Hatching
Mar 7, 2019
Sevierville
I wanted to start raising chickens and quail and even ducks.

We got the quail as I heard they were more forgiving with the incubation process.

We are on day 17. I have a homemade incubator made out of a styrofoam cooler. My temps and humidity have been all over the place. Ive tried candeling but it’s hard because of the spots on the eggs. They all look different on the inside. I’ve tried watching videos... i dont know if any of them made it which makes me sad as my kids were very excited. I know it can take up to 21 days with the majority being 17-19... what should I be looking out for? Other then the obvious bird poking through the egg lol.

I wanted to start raising chickens and quail and even ducks.

We got the quail as I heard they were more forgiving with the incubation process.

We are on day 17. I have a homemade incubator made out of a styrofoam cooler. My temps and humidity have been all over the place. Ive tried candeling but it’s hard because of the spots on the eggs. They all look different on the inside. I’ve tried watching videos... i dont know if any of them made it which makes me sad as my kids were very excited. I know it can take up to 21 days with the majority being 17-19... what should I be looking out for? Other then the obvious bird poking through the egg lol.
They usually hatch on day 18. Try to be patient, avoid opening the incubator unless you have to, and be sure there is no water container the chicks could fall into. Hopefully your temperatures have stayed in the safe range 98-102. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom