First time rabbit Mom First time rabbit mom rejected the only baby that survived

Oh I can’t even they are adorable!! What breed are they? The look like baby porcupines!
here are the parents mr winkles is a Lionshead and mom BuN Bun is a Californian
E402212D-1C39-4264-BFEB-1EEC0F18FF7C.jpeg

Looks like the eyes have opened now? That is very important by day 12.

If you got little Bun beyond 12 days, things are looking good.
I just went through a similar ordeal. Naively, trusting the breeder telling me the buck wasn't old enough to service and so I was allowing the trio to exercise together. No clue that one doe was pregnant, she kindled on the coldest night of the year on wire.
Someone somewhere is bound to say mean things about your experience. I want you to know that I had already read through multiple rabbits books when I made this mistake. We can learn new things every single day and still never knlw enough.
It is now time to keep those lovely Buns at a respectful distance :)

Good job so far! Advice above regarding feeding is all I would have added.

Looks like the eyes have opened now? That is very important by day 12.

If you got little Bun beyond 12 days, things are looking good.
I just went through a similar ordeal. Naively, trusting the breeder telling me the buck wasn't old enough to service and so I was allowing the trio to exercise together. No clue that one doe was pregnant, she kindled on the coldest night of the year on wire.
Someone somewhere is bound to say mean things about your experience. I want you to know that I had already read through multiple rabbits books when I made this mistake. We can learn new things every single day and still never knlw enough.
It is now time to keep those lovely Buns at a respectful distance :)

Good job so far! Advice above regarding feeding is all I would have added.
Thank you. On a different rabbit site someone told me that it was going to die and not to get my hopes up. No advice I love this little cutie pie

Back
Top Bottom