1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First time seeing multicolored eggs!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickadee28, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    I really questioned my sanity this morning. I ventured out in an ice storm to the farmer's market that was being held indoors. I have bought free range eggs at the store but never farm fresh eggs. I was reward by one dozen beautiful multicolored eggs ranging from light pinkish to a light olive green. My daughter couldn't believe they were real eggs [​IMG] We are getting chicks in the spring and this convinced me to get a couple of EE's. Spring seems so far away!

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    This is a great place to start researching everything you need to know about chickens before you get them in the spring. I was on here for a couple of months before I got my chicks and I was prepared for anything when they arrived.

I just love going out to the chicken yard and getting 15-20 brown, white, cream and blue eggs. It's like Easter every day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by