First Time Showing Offline

I'm hoping to show my three girls who love to be together. I'm considering keeping them all together in a double coop for the show.
Well, you could just keep them in separate cages and all next to each other. Also are you going to APA show or like a county fair?
Also showmanship is a contest where the judge tests the handler and how "tame" the bird is. There are nine steps, which I'm bad at explaining how to do, and the order of them.

Find out what is allowed by the entry form. If you do something not approved, the birds will be skipped over. You would have effectively forfeited your entry fee.
hide.gif
Now I'm feeling somewhat scared.
tongue.png
Thanks!

Quote:
Okay, thanks!

APA is short for the American Poultry Association, the oldest livestock breed association in the US. IT is the APA that keeps the written book of Standards for each breed and unless a breed is accepted by the APA it is not an accepted breed to be shown in an APA sanctioned show. Further, all judges need to be licensed by the APA and the testing and qualifying is pretty stiff. The APA focuses on large fowl while the bantam counterpart is the ABA, the American Bantam Association.

Great website for the APA, by the way, you might want to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom