First Time Showing Offline

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by Frindizzle, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Hi!

This is my first time showing, I have a few questions, if anyone can help, that would be great.

How do you get bands/what are they needed for?

What is PeeWee, Junior, Intermediate and Senior mean for showmanship? Which one should I choose?

And why would it say don't enter your showmanship bird?

Here's the link to the form if it is any help: http://www.pacificnorthwestpoultry.com/wp-content/uploads/documents/Youth%20Entry%202015%20Fall%20show.pdf

Thanks for viewing! I am grateful for all replies.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  2. coppertop2014

coppertop2014 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    Bend, Oregon
    My Coop
    Hey I show A LOT. Leg bands aren't needed for showing but the judge likes them. Bands are usually at local farm stores. PeeWee, junior, intermediate, and senior are ranks for 4H. Are you part of a 4H group? It will make showing a lot easier

1 person likes this.
  3. Frindizzle

I am sadly not a part of 4-H. Also, what type of information is needed on the leg band? And thanks a lot. :)

4. Frindizzle

And what is a double cage, a cage for two chickens?

5. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

It's twice as big. Large fowl, especially males with exotic tails will show much, much better in a double coop.

1 person likes this.
  6. Frindizzle

7. Fred's Hens

Only if you're showing trio (male and two females) or similar grouping. The entry form of the show will list such things if pairs, trios, quads, etc are to be entered.

A large male absolutely needs a double coop. They couldn't even turn around well in a single.

8. Frindizzle

9. Fred's Hens

Find out what is allowed by the entry form. If you do something not approved, the birds will be skipped over. You would have effectively forfeited your entry fee.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  10. coppertop2014

coppertop2014 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    Bend, Oregon
    My Coop
    leg bands just sort out your bird, so just sort out your birds into different colors etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by