First time with a broody and so many questions!

Lightbulb moment. What if I built an area under their roost bars for this purpose, exactly? As you can see in my very advanced sketch attached, the lime green box with chicken wire attached to show what I’m talking about. 😂
or is this not enough space? Goodness. This is quite overwhelming.
Yes it looks alright, are any chickens using that location to sleep/roost on right now? Or did you just build it specifically for the chicks? Sorry for any confusion I make.

Going back to the beginning I just would create a separate coop for incubating just because once they have hatch they have space of their own and gives them a lower risk of the flock hurting them or anything. Once they are old enough, you can just introduce them to the flock (I'm not too experience with introducing chickens)

Yes it looks alright, are any chickens using that location to sleep/roost on right now? Or did you just build it specifically for the chicks? Sorry for any confusion I make.

Going back to the beginning I just would create a separate coop for incubating just because once they have hatch they have space of their own and gives them a lower risk of the flock hurting them or anything. Once they are old enough, you can just introduce them to the flock (I'm not too experience with introducing chickens)
OP already said she doesn't like the thought of reintroduction with flock and was looking for other ways to brood without that trouble. So I was trying to give her options for that.
I keep reading about the option of segregating her but I really do not like the idea of reintegration - stresses me out.

I'm not too experience with introducing chickens)
Introduction can sometimes be very time consuming and a lot of work. Along with a lot of peaking and fighting with new chicks or even older chickens. Can be very stressful for some .A lot of folks do not ever remove hen and chicks from flock, if you have a good broody she will take care of her chicks.

Back
Top Bottom