First time with babies

step2626

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 16, 2014
California

We just picked them up today. They should all be hens but we'll see. Now we must fix our coop. Round 1 with adults didn't go quite as planned.

We just picked them up today. They should all be hens but we'll see. Now we must fix our coop. Round 1 with adults didn't go quite as planned.

Alright nice box but they are going to out grow it in a couple of days so you should
be looking for a bigger box or stick a couple together and cut out door ways for
them to move around .....

See how the water is up on a board to help keep it clean ...

Do you see how much room they have and there is 16
chicks in there at two weeks of age ....

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:
Thank you. Yes we'll be putting them in a bigger box. This is just for yesterday and today while at my moms house. When we get home accommodations will be much nicer!

I have 1 roo and 19 pullets, they are about 7-8 weeks old. They are outside in the new coop and run. I went and got 4 silkies about 2 weeks ago they are still inside. How soon can they be introduced. Btw, of the 20 ;;;; 1 wydanotte roo 6 brahmas, 4 australorps, 4 rir, 6 new hamps. And I think one of the silkies is a roo

Temporary set up...I can see this is too small but better than the box.

I need a bigger shelf for the water too...

Bigger water plate...changed the platform. ..thats all I could find for now. Any suggestions for a bigger brooder? This tub won't last long.

Back
Top Bottom