First timer in Central NY

G’Day from down under Peep This 6
frow.gif
Welcome!

Have you checked out the Learning Centre? Lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Best wishes to you and your chicks when they arrive .. very exciting!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hi Peep,
Wish you were closer. We live in Vermont and have ordered 9 chicks from mypetchicken, but can't get them shipped until May because of their minimum shipping during the winter months is 15 so we are hoping to find someone who might want to 'go in' with us on some more chicks to make up enough to ship for the end of February. If anyone knows anyone around my area (or if you are) and are looking for some Easter Egger chicks we are thinking of buying 6 (or more) to allow us to ship them for February. We could even keep them for the first month or so to allow them to be old enough for safer transport to their new home if the trip is a little further than my own area.

Hello from Kansas, Peep This 6, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Glad you have found BYC helpful as you do research to ready yourself for your future flock! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

Hi Peep,
Wish you were closer. We live in Vermont and have ordered 9 chicks from mypetchicken, but can't get them shipped until May because of their minimum shipping during the winter months is 15 so we are hoping to find someone who might want to 'go in' with us on some more chicks to make up enough to ship for the end of February. If anyone knows anyone around my area (or if you are) and are looking for some Easter Egger chicks we are thinking of buying 6 (or more) to allow us to ship them for February. We could even keep them for the first month or so to allow them to be old enough for safer transport to their new home if the trip is a little further than my own area.

I was also trying to find someone to go in with me so that I can order from them. However, someone on this site is gonna hatch some for me and she is only 1.5 hours away. So glad I joined!! :)

Back
Top Bottom