First timer - starting my first batch Sept 15

Currently setting: 15 EE/OE, 1 Bantam Mix, and 3 GLW x Wheaten Marans! Using a Still Air Little Giant with hand turning.

Good Luck, I don't thank the hand turner is a good thing. I have 14 hatching next tuesday. I'am in South Carolina James

Mine are numbered in pencil, then each number has a note in my farm log book. The ones I got from Donna she marked with the hen color in some kind of felt tip marker it look like.

Username: seventreesfarm
Eggs Set: 9/15/12
Incubator: Little Giant with a fan and turner.
Eggs: 11 Olive-Eggers, 4 Lavender Ameraucanas, 7 BLack Copper Maran x Easter-Eggers, 5 Black Copper Maran x Barred Rocks.

Username: LuvinChickens
Eggs Set: 9/12/12
Incubator: 1588 Hova Bator with a turner.
Eggs: 12 Guinea Hen eggs Eggs are about 10 days old.

Username: ShelterFarm
Eggs Set: 9/14/12
Incubator: Brinsea Eco Advance
Eggs: Columbian Rock Crosses

Username: jennibos
Eggs Set: 9/15/12
Incubator: Brinsea Eco 20 Advance
Eggs: Unknown

Username: superjff
Eggs Set: 9/13-9/15
Incubator: Still Air Little Giant Turning is being done be hand.
Eggs: 15 Easter Egger x Olive Egger, 1 Bantam Mix, 3 Golden Laced Wyandotte x Wheaten Marans.

Does anything need to be changed/added?

Last edited:
Just put mine in this morning!
I added a little bit of water since the humidity has been around 20% running it dry.
Ended up with 7 BCM x EE's and 5 BCM x BR's no idea if they're fertile though.

I had to take out one of the 4 thermometers I had inside to make room. Now I have 2 that came with the incubator - an old-fashioned glass bulb kind that sits on the eggs, and a digital thermohygrometer. I also bought a wireless thermohygrometer that doesn't have finer readings like .5 degrees, but sits at my desk so I can see right away if it's over 100 or under 99.

Now I have to wait for everything to settle in so I can temp/humidity check before heading out to work in the garden.

I ordered an RCom 20 Pro with USB and it should be here Monday the 17th! I'm planning on setting 20 eggs from my Rhode Island Reds. I have plenty of eggs so far just in case, but I'm still gathering fresh ones now several times a day until the incubator arrives. Add me to the list! This is my first time with a professional incubator. I've tried many home made incubators in the past and only had about 1% hatch rate.

Last edited:
Brand New-Comer here! I must join in! I have just set my first batch today, D'uccle's, in my first LG with fan and turner also! My humidity is sticking right around 26 also. Just set them this a.m. and added a couple of napkins to the bottom to help wick the moisture but not too much change? My temp is running right around 100, with both plugs out! Can't seem to get it perfectly stable and holding my breath?! To all of you experienced with LG's, should I be in panic mode right now with these numbers? Is the 99.5 carved in stone somewhere? I really am worried. I set them and have not opened it. I add water through the holes in the top with a tube. Seems to me that the temp inside is extremely sensitive to the air on the outside although here in the house the change is not more than 10 degrees. I turned my air on to cool the house down and my numbers dropped to 98 and my humidity went up to 51! I have 3 thermomoters and 1 hygrometer in there and average them out. Truly am worrying over this.

Last edited:
Mine is still coming back up to temp from adding the eggs this morning. I've read that it can take 24 hours to get back to 99.5 so I'm not touching til then. I added a little water when I put the eggs in and it's about 32%, so that works for me.

Back
Top Bottom