First Try No Luck!

I have just the website you need (love sharing this one).:) It's brilliant and you can follow along with what is happening in your eggs every day, accompanied by a candling photo:
https://www.raising-happy-chickens.com/incubation-day-1.html

Shipped eggs can be delicate due to rough handling during transit but if they are your own eggs they are tough enough to handle more frequent candling than the standard days of 7, 10 and just before lockdown.

I have not bought a bator yet, but am doing a lot of reading. I want to hatch eggs to get chicks to replenish my flock and to sell. My budget says no $500.00 units.
I couldn't afford that either. But I did find some small highly rated incubators for about 70 dollars. You only put 9 eggs at a time in it. But it was highly rated at 4.5 stars. It is the Magicfly Automatic Incubator. I can't wait to try it out.

I used 5 gallon bucket full of water then put a smaller bucket on top as incubator
With a separator to hold it
IMG_20180212_153152.jpg

I used 5 gallon bucket full of water then put a smaller bucket on top as incubator
With a separator to hold it
View attachment 1272910

Sweet! What's your hatch rates, are they pretty good? I'm wanting to hatch my own eggs, but my hubby says no more money on chicken stuff haha! I could get away with this!

I'm excited to follow your hatch @thudson

Back
Top Bottom