First try on the Rcom pro10- follow along as I review this incubator from out of the box to hatch da

Hi annabellaknits,

I'm facing the same problem . My auto pump needs to be forced to operate to increase humidity . It isn't automatically doing so when the humidity drops below the set 45% . How did you eventually overcome this .

Angelobutter , did you face the same problem or did your pump maintain a steady set humidity and automatically run when humidity dropped ?
I returned the **** thing
I had too many issues with sticky chicks and humidity and wrong end popping.
I'm sticking with my cheapy styro bator that never gives me a problem

Hi
I have one of these & the manual isn't great.
Would you know how I can change the incubation countdown, in the menu, as I can't find away to do this?
Many thanks

Sorry I returned mine so I don't know? I do remember searching the internet for instructions and found some that were better then what came with it

Anyone else have experience with the rcom pro 10? curious what other people think.

In my first hatch on the default settings I got 5 out of ten. Second hatch on default settings I got four out of 10. I then tried new settings and got 2 out of 10. It seems that have trouble keeping a steady humidity. Keeps dropping to 40% then shots up if you manually work the pump. Have now bought a gauge to read the humidity and temp so am going to set it going and see if the readings match. Bit disappointed with it really.

In my first hatch on the default settings I got 5 out of ten. Second hatch on default settings I got four out of 10. I then tried new settings and got 2 out of 10. It seems that have trouble keeping a steady humidity. Keeps dropping to 40% then shots up if you manually work the pump. Have now bought a gauge to read the humidity and temp so am going to set it going and see if the readings match. Bit disappointed with it really.
I had the same experience and did most of yours make it to lock down?

in the first hatch I think most did, just didn't hatch. In the second hatch one was def rotten. I thought I would tap it open to check it and it exploded all over me, lol. Lucky I have a strong stomach. Others died after forming the chick. On the third hatch, because I didn't go with the default settings, I wouldn't like to blame the incubator. They hatched three days late. I'm thinking of investing in a new incubator. They aren't cheap. Almost tempted to go for a cheap Chinese made one and see how it goes. It's Autumn (fall) here now so no great rush to decide

Last edited:
in the first hatch I think most did, just didn't hatch. In the second hatch one was def rotten. I thought I would tap it open to check it and it exploded all over me, lol. Lucky I have a strong stomach. Others died after forming the chick. On the third hatch, because I didn't go with the default settings, I wouldn't like to blame the incubator. They hatched three days late. I'm thinking of investing in a new incubator. They aren't cheap. Almost tempted to go for a cheap Chinese made one and see how it goes. It's Autumn (fall) here now so no great rush to decide

I gave in and because I don't have the funds to spend $400+ on a bator we just built one. Used the incukit and a wine fridge from Craigslist spent about $150 total
It can hold 3 41 count egg turners
Still waiting to see how temps are gonna do between all three shelves but so far so good
I'm done with big buck bators

So I received my little humidity and temp gauge yesterday so have set the incubator going empty. After 12 hours of running the incubator and temp gauge show humidity of 45% but the temperatures are very different. 37.5 on the incubator but only 34.5 inside the incubator on the temp gauge. So I have placed the incubator inside two plastic containers to see if basic insulation will see the temps match.

Possibly running it empty is also affecting the temp.

Mine was not calibrated correctly so I had to set it high and went off my own calibrated therm inside which was a pain because there wasn't much room for it

Back
Top Bottom