First Turkey Egg!!!

farmerlor

Songster
11 Years
Dec 25, 2008
middle of nowhere Colorado
I've been telling the girls to keep very close eye out on the pen with the geese and the Midgets as I've observed some mating type behavior going on in there. I was hoping to see eggs pretty soon. In the meantime, I was thinking my beloved Bourbons weren't even close as my Tom Rosie is too dignified to ever think about mating while anyone's around watching. But yep, we got our first egg today and it was sitting under my pretty Bourbon girl Jefferson. It's not even as big as a chicken egg but just as hard and beautifully marked......did you ever think you'd go on and on rhapsodically about some turkey egg? What's wrong with us? I just sent the girls after the incubators based solely upon the appearance of this miniature turkey egg.

Congrats!!! I think turkey eggs are the prettiest of all the eggs. The spots and markings on them are just beautiful.
Sharon

Congrats! We love our turkeys too..... Our geese are laying.....And our turkeys I expect probably in the next 2 weeks.....

Enjoy!

If you think turkey eggs are worthy to be rhapsodic over, wait until you see those poults!

Bourbon Reds are awesome! Are your girls as rambunctious as mine, chasing away dogs and squealing at the toms when they fight?

Congrats on your first egg
woot.gif

hey i hope u guy don't mind but i'm so exited too.ijust got my very first turkey egg today from the RP
38176_turkey_egg_001.jpg

Congratulations on your first turkey egg! Isn't it exciting? I had sworn off incubating eggs again until spring, but when my turkeys began laying I couldn't help myself. Poults are just now hatching.

Are your BR's the same ages as your MW's? Any yep, you're right... I never thought I'd go on and on about turkeys or their eggs. Thank goodness for BYC where we can all share in the excitment!

Quote:
I don't know the ages of my Midget hens. We bought them from a man who says they had their first eggs last year. So we're assuming they're almost two years old. The Midget Tom is two weeks younger than the Bourbons.

Back
Top Bottom