Thanks for all the info! Very interesting and helpful. The eyes creep me out so I’d probably just stick with regular goldfish lol

I can’t believe you have such old ones!! :eek:
They say the regular goldfish can live 60-80 years. I think that's probably outside in a huge pond, and probably rare. Mine have lived 15 years to almost 20 years now. I have read 10-30 years is average.

The fancy ones seem to live 8-12 years. Give or take. All of course depends on how they are kept. Each needs a minimum of 5-10 gallons, and frequent large water changes. Not sure how goldfish bowls ever became a thing.

I prefer to mention my goldfish in the goldfish thread but, okay...
My pond is only 3.5 months old.
This was shortly after planting the new marginals and adding new goldfish. The all white comet is a rescued 6 year old carnival fish that was living in a tank alone for about 3 years after her tank mate died.
She spawned less than a week after the new fish arrived.
View attachment 3602145

Bella realized after about 6 weeks that there were creatures in the pond and became obsessed!
View attachment 3602144

The very first lily flower.
View attachment 3602141

The very first time all 4 lilies with a bloom open.
View attachment 3602140
Sorry :oops: didn’t mean to drag you in. Your pond is gorgeous 😍😍😍

They say the regular goldfish can live 60-80 years. I think that's probably outside in a huge pond, and probably rare. Mine have lived 15 years to almost 20 years now. I have read 10-30 years is average.

The fancy ones seem to live 8-12 years. Give or take. All of course depends on how they are kept. Each needs a minimum of 5-10 gallons, and frequent large water changes. Not sure how goldfish bowls ever became a thing.
Oh wow that is old!!! :eek: and yeah the bowls are sad

I love koi, but can't have such a large pond :hit. So goldfish are my second favourite, I won't get any till I am able to give them a big tank cause I don't want to have to start small and constantly upgrade them.
I do have the start of some small outdoor ponds that could be used for goldfish, but I'm still learning how you're supposed to set those up :oops:.

And fish I have had. I walked into a petshop and fell in love with very particular Plakat betta. I'm not one to impulse buy animals and I didn't have a tank for him so I left it a week, set up a tank and hoped he was still there :fl.
He was 😍 His name was Harley.
20230316_180610.jpg
20230314_195744.jpg
20230314_195720.jpg
20221102_114746.jpg

Unfortunately I lost him a few months back because he kept getting sick and I couldn't figure out why. The first time when I didn't think he'd survive he made a come back and was perfect for a few weeks! After that he went downhill again and he died :(.
I still have his unsetup tank but I haven't decided if I'll get another betta. I got Harley cause I wanted Harley, not because I wanted a betta. If I don't get another betta I'll just set it up for apple snails because I love apple snails :D

And that was a ridiculously long post :oops:

I love koi, but can't have such a large pond :hit. So goldfish are my second favourite, I won't get any till I am able to give them a big tank cause I don't want to have to start small and constantly upgrade them.
I do have the start of some small outdoor ponds that could be used for goldfish, but I'm still learning how you're supposed to set those up :oops:.

And fish I have had. I walked into a petshop and fell in love with very particular Plakat betta. I'm not one to impulse buy animals and I didn't have a tank for him so I left it a week, set up a tank and hoped he was still there :fl.
He was 😍 His name was Harley.
View attachment 3602585 View attachment 3602586 View attachment 3602587 View attachment 3602588
Unfortunately I lost him a few months back because he kept getting sick and I couldn't figure out why. The first time when I didn't think he'd survive he made a come back and was perfect for a few weeks! After that he went downhill again and he died :(.
I still have his unsetup tank but I haven't decided if I'll get another betta. I got Harley cause I wanted Harley, not because I wanted a betta. If I don't get another betta I'll just set it up for apple snails because I love apple snails :D

And that was a ridiculously long post :oops:
That’s okay! I didn’t mind the length at all! Lol

I loved reading it 😍😍😍

Back
Top Bottom