Fishing

Do you fish?

• Total voters
Pics
Fishing in Milwaukee with city skyline in the background. My Dad and a friend ran a Charter out of Milwaukee. I was about 19 years old.
fishing-milw.jpg

How do you cook yours? So far it hasn't been my favorite but I think I might cook it wrong. I've been told to smoke it so that's on my list this year.

My favorite is walleye followed closely by perch.
I am not the greatest cook 🤣
I sprinkle mine with lemon pepper, shake a little Evo on it, and toss it in the oven.

How do you cook yours? So far it hasn't been my favorite but I think I might cook it wrong. I've been told to smoke it so that's on my list this year.

My favorite is walleye followed closely by perch.
When I was in colorado we fried it in cornmeal. Tasted amazing, but dang those bones were awful. I had one stuck in my throat for days.
If I were to cook it again I wouldn't bread it, bluegill and catfish are better fried, trout scares me😂

When I was in colorado we fried it in cornmeal. Tasted amazing, but dang those bones were awful. I had one stuck in my throat for days.
If I were to cook it again I wouldn't bread it, bluegill and catfish are better fried, trout scares me😂
I feel the same way about bluegill. 🤣 My dad would just peel off the skin, rinse, meal, and fry. They were full of 'ittle bitty bones. Catfish was my favorite when I was a kid.. because the bones were bigger. We had a family/friend fish, frog legs, and snake fry pretty frequently. Rattlers were pretty prolific back then.

I admit.to filleting pretty much any fish.... Even bluegill and bass. Wastes some meat but works for me.
I think it is a great idea. Especially when children are eating. Better to waste, than choke on a bone.
BTW, how many of you have had a fish hook removed from a body part by a parent? 🤣 ✋

Back
Top Bottom