FL Jacksonville area I Need a place to keep 3 chickens.

wren

Crowing
13 Years
May 27, 2007
St Augustine, FL
My name is Karen Malmberg and I'm getting married August 7 of this year. My Fiancee lives in Jacksonville FL in a subdivision that does not allow chickens of course. I have sold and or found new homes for gosh maybe 170 chickens so far. I have maybe 40 left to go and I have not raised any this year because of the move.

I love chickens and have raised and shown chickens since I was a kid in 4-H. I have lived in Iowa my whole life, I'm 42 and I been lucky to live most of my life on a farm. No kids except my chickens and never been married. I am active in my local club and I am the publicity director for the modern bantam game club of America. I love traveling to shows and bringing my show birds when I can. I have had lots of different breeds but most recently I've had ameraucanas, modern game bantams and black copper marans.

There are three that I do not want to part with. They have names and are pets. One in particular whose name is Emma loves to be carried around and begs for treats. If I had to I guess I would choose to only keep her but it hurts. The other two hens are named Cherry and Cuddle. I can't part with Emma.

So here I am asking. Do you know of anyone that might be able to help me that is nearby so I could visit my girls? Does anyone know of somewhere in or near Jacksonville Florida where I could keep three chickens? They are healthy. I can provide any health papers you might want.

Please don't hesitate to contact me. They are standard sized and accustomed to free ranging if it helps.

Thanks for your time,

Karen Malmberg

Three one 9 325-ellven16

[email protected]

Last edited:
Did you ever find a place for Emma et al in Jacksonville yet? I can ask some new friends who are residential rural (legal) farmers in the northwest part of Jacksonville. Let me know. Thanks! And Congrats on finding love, getting married, moving to Florida!
smile.png

If your fiancee was renting, it would be easy to relocate to a semi rural area surrounding Jax. Then you could have your cake and chickens too! lol. Good luck, I wish you the best. FYI: There's a chicken swap meet at Bent Creek feed store on the westside of Jax on the last Sunday of each month. There are several BYC'ers on here that go there each month. Check the swap meet section here in this forum for the Florida meet ups, they'll be posting just before the last Sunday of this month, one of them could possibly help you out.

Back
Top Bottom