Flarry eye grey

So cute! LOL

You working on those pens/some separate housing?
Even if they end up not being "game" it's a very good idea to have at least one spare pen or a place for separation. A spare pen (or two) comes in handy for a number of reasons - one is sick, injured, broody breaking, you want to monitor them, etc.
I don't have Flarry Eyed Greys, but do have gamefowl. Current chicks are only 8 weeks (let that timeline sink in). I had to separate one out already. Once they start to rumble they don't like to stop. He's back with the others right now after a cooling off period but that won't last too much longer.
No one is perfect and we make mistakes, but I can't stress how important it is to have a plan for separation. It doesn't have to be fancy, just somewhere secure.
Well I am gonna wait till I know their genders because if they are all girls or there is just one boy there is no need for an extra cage. I have a very large cage that they can all stay in so they don’t go by my other Roos.

Well I am gonna wait till I know their genders because if they are all girls or there is just one boy there is no need for an extra cage. I have a very large cage that they can all stay in so they don’t go by my other Roos.

Do you have a spare cage, or a dog kennel, or a rabbit hutch, or something you can use in a pinch?

When a spare pen IS needed, it tends to be rather urgent--so you need a place to a put a bird while you build another pen.

I would second the recommendation to build some coops, pens or the like. Games are the most intelligent chickens I have ever seen, but they are quite territorial by instinct. This sometimes even applies to the pullets or hens, especially if they have chicks.

Some specimens are more “game” than others...depending on how they have been bred.

The clock is ticking...they’re sooo cute as babies, but could be a real handful running around in a general flock.

Glad you ordered mealworms! If you look up Bantam Trick Chickens on Youtube, you will see OEGBs doing some cute things like going through an obstacle course. I don’t think many bantams are as “game” as standards, which is why someone might have them running as a flock together rather than separated.

Most Game hens are highly broody and the mama hens help control any disagreements among the chicks. But don’t mess with a mama hen!

If you don’t have funds for a lot of lumber for building coops, you could get some stakes and tie cords and build a couple teepees or set up a few barrels.

P.S. The toppy thing is really cute.

Last edited:
I would second the recommendation to build some coops, pens or the like. Games are the most intelligent chickens I have ever seen, but they are quite territorial by instinct.

Some are more “game” than others...depending on how they have been bred.

The clock is ticking...they’re sooo cute as babies, but could be a real handful running around in a general flock.

Glad you ordered mealworms! If you look up Bantam Trick Chickens on Youtube, you will see OEGBs doing some cute things like going through an obstacle course.

Most Game hens are highly broody and the mama hens help control any disagreements among the chicks. But don’t mess with a mama hen!

If you don’t have funds for a lot of lumber for building coops, you could get some stakes and tie cords and build a couple teepees or set up a few barrels.
I agree with the barrels. I say someone who had pairs of birds and they had triangle runs (a frames) with a plastic barrel attached for housing. He had them facing down hill so the houses didn't collect water

Fortunately we have a dog that keeps predators away. We do have the money for lumber and I have an extra cage (a large dog cage) if I need one immediately.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom