fleas & dogs

I know, I'm really good about taking care of the critters, myself - not so much...lol Not to mention garlic is cheaper and natural.

There's LOTS of things not good for dogs if you feed them the whole dang container.
roll.png
My dogs have had a sprinkle of garlic on their food during summer ALL their lives. You see all these things not good for dogs and then later on find out they ate a freakin POUND of it... well HELLO, moderation people!! Kinda like grapes and raisins... whenever I am eating some my dogs get ONE or TWO - not the whole bunch! lol

Good example: Chocolate... you know those chocolate orange-shaped thing-a-ma-bobbies that you smash and they become slices of chocolate? Two of my dogs each ate a WHOLE one - no effects at all.

(k, am done ranting - climbs down off high horse)

Quote:
This is true... I used to give my dogs garlic..it never killed them.
Not sure WHY they say its bad for them now??
hu.gif

Quote:
hu.gif

Probably some yahoo heard they were a good flea repellent and fed their dog a whole bag only for it to result tragically.
hu.gif

I wonder if it would keep the mosquitoes off my pigs?? They dont have a problem with fleas.. their skin is too tough for a flea to bite..
But i do see mosquitoes around them all the time...
hmm.png

Quote:
hu.gif

I'd say because some DA fed them a whole gardenfull at a sitting.

Quote:
hu.gif

I'd say because some DA fed them a whole gardenfull at a sitting.

Great minds think alike
big_smile.png

Seriously though. I actually even use the garlic to entice my fussy feeder per Victoria Stilwell(It's me or the dog) who constantly suggests cooking a bit of wet dog food with garlic to get a fussy dog to eat. The heat brings out the smells and the garlic is a very strong scent. On that note they also say cooking the garlic makes it easier to digest for the dog too. (and just a note; she's a fussy feeder because shes incredibly submissive - if anyone barges in on her eating - she will immediately spit her kibble out on the floor and walk away, she thinks she has to steal her own food and the only thing that has helped was the cooking+garlic - I think it smells and tastes so good that she gets ballsy enough to "risk" it)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom