fleas & dogs

I never had flea problems until this year. My two dogs were allergic to them so I knew right away and treated them with Advantage and treated the house with Borax. Always caught them early and didn't have any on going problems. Only used the Advantage if I saw a flea or they started having reactions.

This year the pyrs got them. Still don't know where they pick them up. I tried everything and treated the indoor pets at the same time because they were getting them also. Tried Advantix first (one cat got Revolution because that's what I had for her). They would all clear up except the male pyr. Tried Frontline on the dogs. Same thing. Tried Advantage. Tried garlic. Sprayed outside in the areas the dogs spent time, treated the house. I would check and he would still be covered in them.

Finally got Comfortis for him. They cleared up, but then the female pyr had them again. Finally got Comfortis for all the dogs. Seems to be working out well.

From what I saw nothing was working for the male pyr so they just kept reappearing. I honestly think he had them when I got him. I remember the former owner saying one of the products didn't work for him, but couldn't remember which. It seems neither the Frontline or Advantage work for him.

Quote:
OT some more, but this is a prime example of a fussy eater:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/4810_pics_of_boys_007.jpg

Won't eat for anyone but my DH and then only if DH encourages him the whole time.
roll.png

What nice looking dog!! He looks alot like my "Baby Boy" He's the only boy I will have and yes he's almost 100 pounds and I call him baby boy.. Mine is a picky eater too.. i know sometimes he will go a day or so without eating.. but then the next few days he will eat like a pig.. So I figure he's making it up.. i can usually tell if their getting to big or small, but if i may be off, the vet will tell me.. I've never had the vet tell me to feed him more or less.. So I figure it's all good..

Quote:
OT some more, but this is a prime example of a fussy eater:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/4810_pics_of_boys_007.jpg

Won't eat for anyone but my DH and then only if DH encourages him the whole time.
roll.png

What nice looking dog!! He looks alot like my "Baby Boy" He's the only boy I will have and yes he's almost 100 pounds and I call him baby boy.. Mine is a picky eater too.. i know sometimes he will go a day or so without eating.. but then the next few days he will eat like a pig.. So I figure he's making it up.. i can usually tell if their getting to big or small, but if i may be off, the vet will tell me.. I've never had the vet tell me to feed him more or less.. So I figure it's all good..

Thanks. Jax has finally picked up on his eating. We found he does much better with several small meals than one or two big ones.

Our vet said Jax is at a perfect weight. Then they look at my poor baby Kane who can't help it if he weighs 105 lbs. and is still growing.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom