Flies are everywhere now that I put in a mister

Skittleinaustin

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 13, 2011
Austin
I installed a mister in my connected coop and run as it is soooo hot. The temp is down but the flies are now everywhere!!! I cleaned out the coop, replaced the shavings and two days later, they are back! I've used DE in the past, but with the moisture, I'm guessing that won't work. I read here about vanilla air fresheners, but again, I'm not sure if they can handle the mister. I've got it scheduled to go on between 2 and 6 pm each day...it's the critical time to cool them down...suggestions?

I have used vanilla air fresheners....they do work. I just hang them inside the coops. I'm not sure about the mister..is it in the run that connects the two coops? If the flies are in the coop...try the fresheners.

I hang a sticky fly catcher (the kind with water & smelly scent) somewhere near the coop, but not too close as it smells VERY BAD. Does the trick for me & I also use a mister, not NOT in the coop, I scattered DE all over in there because of ants. If all else fails, you can hang clear bags of water here & there. Sounds dumb, but it works to keep flies away.

Back
Top Bottom