Flippin out over THERMOMETERS!

Quote:
be very very careful with hygrometer accuracy, very few hygrometers are as accurate as 4-5% despite what manufactures claim the accuracy to be you will find most cheap hygrometers (under $70) normaly are about +/- 12-15%!!
the sensors used in very accurate hygrometers cost a fortune like the sensiron SHT71 or the honeywell humdity sensors, just the sensor alone is about $50! before you even hook it to a circuit to read it, even then the sensiron is only 3% accurate, another point on hygrometers (digital ones) most the sensors the cheap one use loes accuracy or what the manufactures call drift over time, at the humidity levels used for hatching this can occure in as little as 4 months, then you also have the issues with dust. especoialy in a hatcher where you get a build up of very very fine dust on the sensor, this also causes drift. so my advice would be to use most hygrometers as a rough guide only, for real accuracy probaly the best way is to weigh a couple of eggs and note the weight loss and use this as a guide to humidity

Well, obviously SOMETHING went right with the thermometers and all that jazz b/c my first peep just HATCHED!!!! Here 'she' is only seconds out of the shell!!! Look how big it is!!!!!!!!!! This is a Brahma, not sure if this egg was light or buff as I'm incubating both! I'M SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom