Flock/Life Journey's 2019

*edited to say- what you said at the beggining applies to All breeds large and small, our little mutts would be just as quick to snap at our toddlers as any breed, i wouldnt ever trust a single breed around my children unsupervised.
Hi, I totally agree with you, however, I'd like to clarify that I actually said this in my post. [Given that all dogs should be closely watched around kids]
I am very much in the belief that humans are the only species on this earth who kill for no reason. Too many people humanize animals then complain when the animals act out of what is natural to them. Clearly there has been too many irresponsible owners in this country for our government to lift this ban.
My sister has two Staffy's she is a very resp aonsible owner, when she has her grandkids around she is watchful, vigilant and would never leave her dogs with the grandkids unattended, her Staffs are like teddy bears, her boy actually cries when she has to leave for work because he misses her, her girl is soppy, she loves cuddles too but still my sister would never leave them alone with kids.
Research studies showed that there is a particular pitch which kids of a certain age can reach which to a dog can send them into a frenzy. In some cases they also linked dogs squeaky toys being like that of many babies squeaky toys and has been several cases of the dog actually playing but the child so fragile and young they got injured and some fatally. There are many reasons why these things happen but imo it all boils down to the irresponsibility of the owner. Many years ago I had Alsations, they are known for being food aggressive. I totally refused to let any child around my dogs while they were eating.
As you know dogs are pack animals and often they see kids as lower ranking which imo could lead to problems if the owners aren't vigilant. Just my opinion though :)

Last edited:
Thank you! Gimpy is adorable as always :love All of the dogs are fine with the birds, most help protect the flock at night. I let them out to go check things out before bed, then they come back in for bed.

I think a picture is worth a thousand words. That's tuney behind the ducks.
View attachment 1649507
This is my girl Karma. She's been blind since birth and was given to us by a family member who somehow didn't realize she was blind.
View attachment 1649508
All I have is muscovy ducks. I love the look and behavior of a muscovy! She just has some amazing cheek bones! :lol: With adult muscovies you can generally tell sex by size, that girl is the biggest female, but the males make her look tiny!

I have around 10 of the same blue plastic kiddie pools. Muscovies aren't as water loving as mallard derived breeds, but do like a dip in the pool!
Ahhh yes I realise that now:) I've only ever seen Muscovies on pictures so I'm not so familiar with the breed.
I have two Khaki Campbell hens and two Indian Runner drakes. Mine are paired and come from paired parents, however I am aware of all the possible risks and dangers and I monitor my flocks daily. They are separate from the chickens if penned and sleep in separate houses but during the day they co-share our garden. I spend many hours sitting out with them daily and when indoors am able to see them through the windows as I live in a bungalow. So far so good, hopefully will stay this way.

Thank you! Gimpy is adorable as always :love All of the dogs are fine with the birds, most help protect the flock at night. I let them out to go check things out before bed, then they come back in for bed.

I think a picture is worth a thousand words. That's tuney behind the ducks.
View attachment 1649507
This is my girl Karma. She's been blind since birth and was given to us by a family member who somehow didn't realize she was blind.
View attachment 1649508
All I have is muscovy ducks. I love the look and behavior of a muscovy! She just has some amazing cheek bones! :lol: With adult muscovies you can generally tell sex by size, that girl is the biggest female, but the males make her look tiny!

I have around 10 of the same blue plastic kiddie pools. Muscovies aren't as water loving as mallard derived breeds, but do like a dip in the pool!

Awww that photo is beautiful. Tuney looks like a beautiful loving dog.

Ohhh poor Karma is blind. At least you gave her a happy loving home. Shes very very cute. How did the family not know she was blind?

Back
Top Bottom