Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Hi! My name is Monica. My 5 yo has been obsessed with chickens since he was 3. This week we got their brooder all set up and he picked out some starters from Atwoods. We started with button quails about two months ago and he has done great with them.

We have 6 chicks, 2 button quails, and three quail eggs in a make shift incubator. We find out about the 6th (this week) if we got babies . View attachment 1690203This is General Tao-ie
View attachment 1690204
This is Honey
View attachment 1690205
This is Sesame
View attachment 1690206
This one is BBQ (this one is my fav, she cuddles in my hands)
View attachment 1690207
This is Lemon
View attachment 1690208
And this is Soy.

My husband let my get them with the stipulation that they be named by what tastes good with chicken.
Our quails Chase and Sunny.
View attachment 1690215
Sorry for marker on glass... we are building their new digs along with our chicks' as well. Sunny is the white female.
View attachment 1690218
The homemade incubator. I have a reptile temp/humidity gauge in there i mist a bit when it gets low, temp between 99 and 101, and turned 3 times daily.
Hi:frow.... really cute names:love

IVE DECIDED! So since I'm now planning to sell backyard chicks I've decided I'll be primarily breeding Americauna/Ees BUT. Is it ok to have multiple colored hens to a EE rooster? will I still get pure colored chicks? Do I really care about pure chicks? Also I'd love to have a bantam breeding flock too! Id do sillies but our weather's so bad the death rate would be too much for me :( so! Bantam Cochin or Polish? Again can I have a mixed colored flock and still get solid patterned colored chicks? Or is it best to go whith a single color?
My Cochin has the best attitude but my polish are shockingly good survivors for such a fancy breed and id like to make use of that for others who want hardy but funny looking fancy birds.

I love the fluffy cheeks, too! I picked out the EE with THEE fluffiest cheeks...so fluffy, she reminded me of a professor or mad scientist because...well, I'm not really sure why. :lol: Your EE chick is so cute and pretty! Definitely share photos of her as an adult, Lord be willing. :)
Here's an updated picture of mine, who I named Candy.
img_1621-900x675-jpg.1690305

I too love fluffy cheeks! This is my girl with the fullest beard.
Photo Editor-20190228_130050.jpg

I love the fluffy cheeks, too! I picked out the EE with THEE fluffiest cheeks...so fluffy, she reminded me of a professor or mad scientist because...well, I'm not really sure why. :lol: Your EE chick is so cute and pretty! Definitely share photos of her as an adult, Lord be willing. :)
Here's an updated picture of mine, who I named Candy.
View attachment 1690305

The silkie, turkey, naked neck, and Wyandotte are all two or three days old, I think. The other two are older, but probably not older than two-weeks, if even that.
Oh, yeah? :love

Updated photos of the older two, and the turkey, because I kinda love that lil' dude (or dudette): :p
View attachment 1690308 Oh, and this is Georgia. When I told my older sister their names, she thought I said, "Candy in Georgia." So that's how she remembered their names. :gig
View attachment 1690309
View attachment 1690310
And who couldn't love Slater the turkey poult? Even my older sister surprisingly likes him...I guess when I was at work, my mom got him out (probably spoiling him), and he nearly fell asleep on my sister's lap.
View attachment 1690316 View attachment 1690317
They are very cute!

Back
Top Bottom