Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Okay yall! It’s a good thing that I’m such a nervous nelly! Thank God that I check on these chicks often! I went out to check on em and Lucy and Camille were out eating and drinking.. so I went digging for Ethel..black one.. well, you won’t believe it unless you saw it.. she was tangled in Nilky’s feathers! Strangling her! There was a piece of mulch that was twisted in there and she had gotten her head tangled! Literally she was hanging by her neck! I had to carefully rip the feathers out if Nilky without strangling Ethel!! When I got her free I had to take feathers that were tight around her neck off:th.... I was shaking like crazy! This was her after.. I think she was a bit shakin up too!!!
375505CF-AF89-404D-87B7-EBA7377E12BC.jpeg
F99CE0F6-CDE5-403C-9311-9F7A5DBF5A9F.jpeg

Okay yall! It’s a good thing that I’m such a nervous nelly! Thank God that I check on these chicks often! I went out to check on em and Lucy and Camille were out eating and drinking.. so I went digging for Ethel..black one.. well, you won’t believe it unless you saw it.. she was tangled in Nilky’s feathers! Strangling her! There was a piece of mulch that was twisted in there and she had gotten her head tangled! Literally she was hanging by her neck! I had to carefully rip the feathers out if Nilky without strangling Ethel!! When I got her free I had to take feathers that were tight around her neck off:th.... I was shaking like crazy! This was her after.. I think she was a bit shakin up too!!!View attachment 1722886View attachment 1722887

Oh, thank goodness you got there on time.

Flock Update:

Well today was interesting with the flock. I emptied out the shed of all the tools and other items on the floor and let the big ones kinda wander a bit. When they were getting a bit much i gently shoo'd them into their safe place.
Then I fenced off a corner with me in it and let the baby babies out to wander a bit too. That was a lot of fun! At first the big ones scared them as they could see each other through the cage, so they huddled in the corner. So i wouldn't scare them more I scooped a bit of their food and scattered it beside me. I gently tapped the food and said "cluck" softly and did a bit of a purr as well. it was hilarious as Smoked came toddling toward me and realized i was "safe". We did this for about 20 minutes and then i scooped them up, purred and put them back. They were exhausted! LOL!! Next time i'll remember my camera :wee:ya:jumpy

Some pictures from a few days ago. My phone has been messing up the last couple of days, otherwise the pictures would have been posted earlier.

Photo Editor-20190331_121128.jpg

Photo Editor-20190331_121600.jpg

Photo Editor-20190401_161833.jpg

Photo Editor-20190331_121910.jpg

So. Many. Eggs. Roughly 8 12-18 sized cartons mostly full. Plus the almost full flat of duck eggs. I think most of the ducks are laying now. Two 18 packs of standard and bantam chicken eggs are going to two of my aunts. And both are also getting a half dozen duck eggs.
Photo Editor-20190331_130528.jpg

Some pictures from a few days ago. My phone has been messing up the last couple of days, otherwise the pictures would have been posted earlier.

View attachment 1722900

View attachment 1722905

View attachment 1722919

View attachment 1722920
So. Many. Eggs. Roughly 8 12-18 sized cartons mostly full. Plus the almost full flat of duck eggs. I think most of the ducks are laying now. Two 18 packs of standard and bantam chicken eggs are going to two of my aunts. And both are also getting a half dozen duck eggs.
View attachment 1722924

Thats a lot of eggs.
Do you sell them ?

Back
Top Bottom