Flock/Life Journey's 2019

She fits right in! Beautiful girl. Is Prince the same color as those girls? (I keep forgetting, sorry)
No, partridge roosters are a completely different color.:)
40576B21-62F3-447D-BDEA-483C66F8F3C1.jpeg

Yesterday, my oldest ewe and first sheep had a rough lambing. She is pretty massive, kind of like a manatee with legs because she eats so much and pushes the other sheep away so that she can eat more. Anywho, the first lamb came out with just its head when the front legs and head are supposed to come out together. It was a real pain to pull out the legs and then slide the lamb out. The second one came with its head and right front leg, so a little better but not much. After all that work, you would hope at least one was a ewe, but they are both rams. She is such a good mother though. Even as she was pushing the second lamb out, she wanted to lick the first one clean. Thankfully, all's well so far, but that gives me one ewe and two ram lambs with two ewes left to lamb.

All done with expansion but not opening it up to everyone yet as I have put the five week olds in the addition for now.. it’s the biggest “see no touch” area there prolly ever was :lol:... when they get fully integrated I may put Nilky and her babies in there for awhile and then when it’s time to integrate them I’ll then open it up to everyone!
I’ll post pics of the new roosting area when we are done.. almost! View attachment 1729034View attachment 1729036View attachment 1729037
Very nice Job!

Back
Top Bottom