Flock/Life Journey's 2019

My girls are mostly first generation mixed breeds and have been the broodiest chickens I've ever had. I'm not used to having so many broodies, just one here or there. never like this. I think the only reason I don't have and broodies right now is because they've all had their turn! Out of the 10 standard girls, I believe only one hasn't been broody.

I trim my Muscovies wings after each molt, once or twice a year. I find it much easier with two people. I hold the duck around its midsection (close enough to the duck's feet, basically under the legs, not to get scratched if they start struggling) while someone else trims the feathers. I use some decent scissors to trim. I've used old kitchen scissors and some personal trimming scissors before.

I'm done with broodies! :wee (for now)
Nothing has really happened, just happy healthy chickens.
Awesome, thanks!

Hi there. This looks like a nice thread. I’m six months late! 2019 has been a good year so far, except the last week was absolutely brutal. I usually hang out in the emergencies thread. It’s an addiction! However, I thought it would be nice to venture into other threads and get to know the community a little better.

Quick intro:
My name is Michelle. I love my chickens as pets. I have a mixed breed, mixed age flock, all female from three years down to almost five weeks.

Hi there. This looks like a nice thread. I’m six months late! 2019 has been a good year so far, except the last week was absolutely brutal. I usually hang out in the emergencies thread. It’s an addiction! However, I thought it would be nice to venture into other threads and get to know the community a little better.

Quick intro:
My name is Michelle. I love my chickens as pets. I have a mixed breed, mixed age flock, all female from three years down to almost five weeks.
It is nice to see you here Michelle!

GroupWelcome.gif

Quick intro:
Hi Michelle! So nice to have you here! I also have a mixed flock of all ages..practically :D

Mornin rj! :frow... and everyone else :hugs

Good morning!
I pulled an idiot move last night and I’ve never done this before in three years!

I have this little part of the coop I call the “sun room.” (My coop is a converted play structure and this little space is beneath the old play structure deck... has a roof and one wall and gas hardware cloth on three sides.) I have one removable panel and never put it back on last night, so the entire flock was exposed to whatever wanted to come into the coop. Thankfully the chicken gods were smiling upon us and we had no unwanted visitors last night. My heart started racing the second I saw it early this morning, but all was well. Close one!

Some pics from this morning

God forbid they wait for me to put the feed in the feeder :gig
View attachment 1832494

Not chickens but hey...it's HOT!
View attachment 1832502

The girls were busy foraging and snacking on wild blackberries this morning :D
View attachment 1832512
View attachment 1832513 View attachment 1832514 View attachment 1832515 View attachment 1832516 View attachment 1832520 View attachment 1832524 View attachment 1832526

This one's turning out to be a roo :lol:
View attachment 1832530 View attachment 1832536

Ducks :D
View attachment 1832542 View attachment 1832544 View attachment 1832551

This game hen is never on the ground, i swear:gig
View attachment 1832555

Great pics! Is that too a Buckeye?

Back
Top Bottom