Flock record keeping

AutomaChicks

Hatching
Mar 13, 2015
fort mill, sc
My first flock started laying a month ago and the super data nerd in me is excited about keeping track of my egg production. Before I build my own application, is anyone using anything other than paper that I should try?
I looked on the Google Play store and the only app in there has under 3 stars and seems to not be supported any more. If you keep track of anything, what do you keep track of?

I just use a spread sheet with multiple sheets to track and make notes on all kinds of things but mostly egg collection, egg sales and feed costs.

Thanks! I'm building this into an Access database. When I'm finished, I'll send you a copy. If there is anything you want me to build into it besides what you posted above, let me know.

I don't really know how to use a database software...I used Excel because I had it and knew how to use it well enough for want I wanted to track.
Works for me, I'm not much interested in learning new software anymore.

The nice thing about Access is that if it's set up you don't need to learn anything new but I totally understand the whole don't fix something that's not broken. Thanks for the feedback :)
Btw. I just checked out your coop story and hope I didn't get too much drool on it. Nicely done!

The nice thing about Access is that if it's set up you don't need to learn anything new but I totally understand the whole don't fix something that's not broken. Thanks for the feedback
smile.png

Btw. I just checked out your coop story and hope I didn't get too much drool on it. Nicely done!
Gotta be able to modify the tracking, add, subtract, adjust, etc.....Thanks.

I am also interested in the data. I have been looking or a spreadsheet for feed consumption. This year we purchased 200 chicks from a local feed store and i am overwhelmed at the amount of feed we are going through. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom