Flock stolen-may be in Barrington nh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it! What did the delivery man say? He just refused to tell you who he gave your chickens to? That's ridiculous and I agree with everyone who said you should tell the police. I don't know about the woman who supposedly has them but the deliverer stole them from you. There is no way he should be allowed to get away with that! I'm so sorry!!

You need to call the police, if you haven't done so already.

If there are any livestock auction facilities anywhere in the area, I would contact them immediately.

If you're not comfortable giving out someone's name on a public forum, maybe those members who are local to the area can PM you and ask you for the name, if you'd be comfortable giving it out in private.

Good luck. What an awful situation.
sad.png
I do hope you keep us updated.

Last edited:
i posted a link on craigs list, and i am always looking for birds for sale, so will keep my ears open, i am in nh also

first of all did you get the police involved?
Since you were going to NH from Maine, that's a federal offense interstate theft.
You can sue this buttswab for breach of contract...he was supposed to take ALL of the birds and he only brought 5...
sounds like he's stolen them to sell himself.
What a jerk!!!:thun

I'm so sorry that this happened.

my goodness u guys r great!!! everyone else i tell say -well theyre only chickens -u can buy more for cryin out loud! its like theyre our pets! jeez. well the transportation guy is out of LEBANON MAINE. he supposedly brought them to a woman in Barrington NH. i know nothing more. I had contacted the barnstead nh pd because mr. never even told me he had the birds so i thought they were stolen! i knew in my heart he had them but could prove nada. my neighbor saw the person n gave me a description so i threatened mr.s wife telling her i knew he had them. he had came up w/so many stories!! ugh im so sick about it!!!
on mon i am contacting the barrington nh police to speak w/them about it BUt im not to sure that theyll do anything about chickens.. but i am not giving up! my story is posted everywhere i could put it but u know-not one person has contacted me
sad.png

Edited by staff to remove name.

Last edited:
ALSO his wife has my incubators full of eggs(4 to be exact).
everytime i post on craigslist farm n garden it gets flagged off..i posted again but... i also did write the newspaper in barrington nh area to see if theyd tell my story but no word yet...

Edited by staff to remove name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you get it figured out. That sucks. I hope the police go and get your birds back. If not, I still suggest you sue him, afterall, he was the last person responsible for your birds, especially if the police do not give your birds back.

Did you immediately notify the police, when only 5 of your birds showed up? Do you have proof of ownership over the incubators?

Does his wife have chickens of her own? If not, I would also have the police confiscate the eggs inside the incubator, chances are those are your eggs anyway.

I'm aggravated for you. Don't listen to that crap about them just being chickens, they are chickens but they are also your property and pets and they were stolen.

-Kim

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom